Trooper Boots, a List of Suitable Candidates

Let me just clarify: I do NOT want to keep secrets.:-) Like I said in my previous post, I was under the impression (when I wrote the answer) that it was "bad manners" to openly state the name. I now stand corrected, twice.....and for the record I do believe that I share all my (limited) knowledge with anyone who asks.....

Yes bootman... you do share.. and then some  :)

-Eric

• 1 year later...

Sometimes I wonder how it is that I've been on here for a few months and THOUGHT I've seen everything from days gone by about the boots, and am JUST NOW seeing this...   

While looking for TD CLIPS !!!   Hahahahahahahaha   (Can't help it, I have several tabs opened right now and each one leads to at least two or three more)

Grin...

• Like 1

Just found this thread.  Before I go delving into the styleforums for sizing info on the Loake's.  Any advice on sizing?  Do they run big or small?  Redwings 10 is my usual, with vans 10.5

Also, in some initial searching, starting to find multiple styles on the 290, like A, B and T....any thoughts on those?  

TIA 

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread.  Before I go delving into the styleforums for sizing info on the Loake's.  Any advice on sizing?  Do they run big or small?  Redwings 10 is my usual, with vans 10.5

Also, in some initial searching, starting to find multiple styles on the 290, like A, B and T....any thoughts on those?  

TIA

The Loskes I have are true to size, as far as I can tell. Have not come across several types of 290, just different colours. As far as I know 290 is a last, other models would thus carry other names....,

The Loskes I have are true to size, as far as I can tell. Have not come across several types of 290, just different colours. As far as I know 290 is a last, other models would thus carry other names....,

Thanks so much for the advice Soren.  I've been trolling for a used pair on ebay but not finding many at all.  Good to know the sizing though.   :duim:

Thanks so much for the advice Soren.  I've been trolling for a used pair on ebay but not finding many at all.  Good to know the sizing though.   :duim:

What size are you? (US) Johnny, and what is your price range?:-)

What size are you? (US) Johnny, and what is your price range?:-)

You wote that alreday...but what is the max you will pay ( I can look for you)..

I'm a U.S. 10 1/2 on most shoes (10 in redwing) it's good, I'm just sort of trolling eBay with a used notification list. Not really in a hurry, I suppose I'd pay like 150ish? Anymore than that, might as well just go tkboots. But you know how eBay is, you never know what kind of deal might pop up ðŸ¼

Edited by johnnys
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They're up and running the new boots are extremely heavy duty and very well made.

http://www.tkboots.com/index.htm

Ok...they look nice...I myself prefer black chelseas, painted white...a lot more mivie accurate in my opinion.... :-)

• 3 years later...

The original post shows mainly Europe boot dealers.  I went to amazon.com for US and found this boot.  Would this one be acceptable as well?  Has anyone bought this boot?  Looking for feedback if it's out there.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ND3I56M/?coliid=I32OQZB0TBNXTC&colid=23TE2J20LAAWU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• 11 months later...