Boots for my TK

Hi

I am new to all this but I have spent some months on research, including Comms with the Nordic Garrison.

I am aiming to enlist this autumn, and I have procured all that I need, including a TM armour.(just waiting impatiently for it all to arrive).

I am considering using these boots.

They are Danish army issue, to Guards Officers,(I used to be one) and I think they look quite the part, with the tongue on the rear, and the stitching aligned with the edge of the heel, leather soles and goodyear welted, much like the original onespost-19106-0-44340200-1375895688_thumb.jpg

Naturally they will be painted white, using Angelus paint...as soon as it arrives in the mail.

Edited by SorenM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty good. Ā Missing a pull tab on the front, but I don't know if that would be a "deal breaker".

The original ones did not have a pull tab to the front as far as I know......?..

Good enough for an eventual Centurion application?

Yeah, no problem about that. Unless you completely screw up the paintjob of course. ;)

Ā 

You can checkout what we know of the original boots here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/20-boots-original-brand/

Edited by Locitus

Yeah, no problem about that. Unless you completely screw up the paintjob of course. ;)

Ā 

You can checkout what we know of the original boots here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/20-boots-original-brand/

Roger!....I will do my utmost during the paintjob:-).....thanks for the link...have read it!:-)

What Brand and type of shoe is that again?

Ā 

Like Mathias said, military issue. There is no brand or makers name visible whatsoever. There are a series of numbers on the inside.

I can look into who makes them, and maybe come up with an answer, but expect them to be quite pricey, as they are leathersoled and goodyear welted.......my guess is they will set you back at least a couple of hundred US $...

Those look a lot like Loake boots which are a good boot to use. I can see they do have a pull tab at the rear of the boot like the Loake boots and the original boots too as seen below.

image_zps49126290.thumb.jpg.60a1798001a27fc60b073a2779e519ea.jpg

I like the shape of the toe. These will make nice trooper boots :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

On 8/8/2013 at 3:24 PM, troopermaster said:

Those look a lot like Loake boots which are a good boot to use. I can see they do have a pull tab at the rear of the boot like the Loake boots and the original boots too as seen below.

Ā 

I like the shape of the toe. These will make nice trooper boots :)

Thnx TM :-)

I am in the proces of finding the maker (it is not Loake, unfortunately, as I love Loakes), and am making good progress so far :-).

I will post the make, where to find them and the price, if I am able to find out.

Update!

Okay, talked to the QMS and he was able to point me in the right direction.

I have now located the company that makes these boots, and I am in the process of working out price etc.

I will post details as I get them

Nice job so far. I used the same paints and this is my results. I would suggest to use a sponge instead of a paint brush. Use the sponge as a dabber not like a brush.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the advice :-)....

Yours look great!....have you given any thought as to how to scuff them? I am giving that quite some thought, as I eventually want to go for Centurion certification.....

Edited by SorenM

Just the sponge that came with or something similar to this.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, no sponge was included though, but finding a foam sponge should not pose a challenge......:-)....

Do anyone know if the angelus paint good for airbrush?

I have not tried it, but it says on the bottle that it can be sprayed on......whether it is good or not, I don't know...:-)