Did ATA change the buck for his belts?

I was at an armor party yesterday with a fellow member, Raintrooper. We both have an ATA kit. My kit is almost finished and his was untouched. He said his was orignially intended to be a TD, but is getting the correct knee and ab plates. We put our belts side by side and his was signicficantly bigger. Which one is correct for a TK?

gq8CSpl.jpg

Is the TD belt bigger? Did ATA upsize his belt? What is going on here?!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

It looks like that one was trimmed. Ive built a few ATA kits over the last couple of years and the only change in the belt i saw was you no longer see the wood grain through the plastic, as his older wood bucks were replaced with something else...maybe metal like the thigh ammo belt. I never noticed any difference in length/size. But that does look bigger. interesting.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

That is correct. There is still too much material between the end box and the end of the belt. Here is a side by side of two ATA kits. You can see on the right TK how much material is on the end of the waist belt and the TK on the left is trimmed.lwfu6NA.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

When I went from wood to aluminum the dimensions were corrected on the belt.  The switch happened over a year ago though.

A year? This means that people aren't holding enough armor parties.

-Eric

When I went from wood to aluminum the dimensions were corrected on the belt.  The switch happened over a year ago though.

So, which one is the "corrected" belt?  The one with the larger boxes, or the one with the smaller boxes?

The original belt was smaller, the new larger belt is more accurate. The original had smaller boxes closer together. I had a fellow trooper( who owned an fx suit) snap my original in half, I ordered my replacement and was surprised that it was larger. I had to make 2 new holes in the canvas, easy fix. I am much happier w/ the new belt!

You can still use it. No one except a few people here will ever notice or care.

I'm pretty sure mine is the older smaller one and I never noticed until it came up at build party.

Yeah, and the cost of a replacement is just too high. He's not willing to do a straight across trade for the inaccurate one. Looks like I'll have a slightly smaler belt. I'm glad the info is out there now. 

Edited by bigtrev503

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I've gotten my new belt, the question is where do I cut it to be accurate? Do I just cut the ends to the same width as the space between the boxes?

Here's where I'm at:

9FYQvvB.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13