Has anyone ordered a set of trimmed armor from AP?

I'm looking for opinions from people who have ordered a pre-trimmed TK set from AP.  I'd like to know after you received it if you needed to make any other adjustments, or if it was a matter of attaching straps and velcro, and it was ready to wear?

As I have said in other forum posts, I have the craft skills of a toddler.  If it comes down to having to get an untrimmed set of armor, then I will try to get as many people as possible to help with the cutting, drilling, and assembly of it.  But if a trimmed kit from AP makes my life easier at the cost of a few more dollars, it may very well be worth it for my sanity.

There's three options AP has. A ready to wear, trimmed, and untrimmed kits. The ready to wear comes with everything completed fully finished to your size but you will most likely need to modify it. The Trimmed kit is just a trimmed kit where you put in together and save the time of cutting/sanding. Untrimmed is what it is comes untrimmed and you need to cut sand and build it.

Yes, I just finished mine and got approved last week. If you ever built a model car or plane you can do this. Here is one of my submission pics. Mark is a good guy to deal with as well.

BE3CUH5.jpg

Yes, I just finished mine and got approved last week. If you ever built a model car or plane you can do this. Here is one of my submission pics. Mark is a good guy to deal with as well.

Ah, excellent!  Did you have to do any extra cutting, or was it just a matter of assembly?  Also, I was told the trimmed / assembly kit does not come with any straps or velcro.  How did you procure (and know what to procure) the necessary items?

Also, I was curious on your body dimensions.  I'm 5' 11", 190 lbs, with about a 36-38" waist.

The suit looks wonderful!

I'm 5' 11" 200 lb with a 35" waist. I did have to make some shims for the sides of the ab/kidney connection.You can get all the Velcro/webbing/elastic at a Joann or Hobby Lobby. Strapping is all up to a individual preference.

working with mark is something I do.

I've trimmed over 20 kits.  it's fun!

you should order a trimmed kit but you'll have to have help to finish it off.

it's not easy to do.

if you want have mark build one for you, and mention vern.

if you order a trimmed kit you will have to assemble it.

not only that but you will have to cut it to fit your body in the forearms and biceps.

the leg dimensions are

19" shins

23" thighs

forearms 12"

biceps 15"

neck 19" or less

when I assemble armor I use very detailed photos and measurements.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392