What are you doing for vox?

What sound system do you have or have ordered?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Choose only what you have now or have on order

• RomFx
    • Hyperdine
    • TrikToys (older model)
    • TrikToys (new model)
    • Skullworx
    • TCI (Trooper Com Interface)
    • Bommar
    • Self-made
    • Someone in my garrison did the work
    • Other

Im currently working on a system made from the Wal Mart voice changer toy. Awaiting Super trooper speakers for in helmet testing.

Ā 

I'm with you. Waiting for speakers and going with the WALMART board. Great minds think alike! Should be good enough vs spending a few hundred bucks. Won't have all the bells and whistles but I won't have all those wires running down inside my armor like I do now.

When I first started looking into voice amplification I was dead set on getting a static burst module. As I got in deeper, I became of the mindset that generating the static burst by clicking and blowing into the mic was all part of the act and with practice would be much more versatile and convincing than the same monotonous burst punctuation provided by modules, but hey thats just my 2 Abe Lincolns.

I have already paid for a Rom from the latest run that I'm waiting to come in, and I'm also on the list for a TCI. Since I'll be picking up a second set of TK armor in the future, I figured I might as well go ahead and get another comm unit. Both options sound good and there's some flexibility between them that I can use depending on how I want to set them up (helmet-contained vs. chest rig, for instance).

I am using trik one but played around with it and re did work on it ( not the divice it self) but the actual ( vox/apm/fans/etc self contained in helm) of course nothing as nice as wyatts!!!!!

I like pushing electrons, but I'll be using the ROM at the core of all my fiddling/tricking-out endeavours but the Royal Guard. I have no p/a planned for that -- just external audio input and maybe a radio. We're about as chatty as the Buckingham Palace guards. :)

Ā 

--Jonah

Just home from my six-week follow-up (and getting a filling -- yay), and I've been cleared for physical therapy. With luck and hard work, before the end of the month I'll have my core strength rebuilt to the point that I can wear that costume for more than three minutes without (literally) busting a gut. :)

Ā 

--Jonah