Cooling fans

Ryan

Well they should be here tomorrow so I shall let you know how I get on.

4XNmTD5.jpg

I actually found these little stands which were part of some LED interior lights on the front of a magazine so if I add some small bases and the blowers onto them at least I have the option to move them in any direction.

TK 2011 said:
How do you guys with screen accurate helmets do with the cooling? These helmets are much smaller than the FX helmets (as you know) and I have big problems where to put the fans... Pics would be great!

I don't really know how the RT-Mod compares to other helmets (in terms of size) but here's how I did my fans:

--------------

I could only find the 3" blower type fan so it's a bit cramped. I did have two standard 50mm fans but because of the space in the helmet and limited air flow I swapped one out and put the blower in and now I get enough air to clear the lenses if they fog and keep me cooler.

I think I have more pics of the fans here somewhere that I could post if needed.

Hope that's of some use. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 4 weeks later...
skywalker_1982 said:
I want to apply steve's cool method into my bucket but need to know something. I shall be getting the battery boxes and the fans but need to know what switch would be best to buy from this site to mount into one of the battery boxes.

I shall be using 8 AA's like he is but dont know what switch to buy from this site where I am getting the battery boxes from cause some of the

Use rocker switches. I bought mine from the local Radio Shack. They hold up better than push buttons.

• 2 months later...

Ooookay... I think this is the right thread to ask my question.

Are the little PC fans (the kind found on removable harddrive drawers) safe for one's hair? My helmet is very tight. I wanted to put fans on the vents in the back of the dome, but I'm afraid of them winding my hair in... is that safe?

Possible, but do what I do and SHAVE YOUR MELON!!

---------

No clogged fans in this mans bucket, I assure you!

:trooper:

Edited by gmrhodes13

After my experience on C4... and specially on the laser tag arena.... I?m really thinking about upgrading my system.

I want to get a couple of squirrell fans for the side vents that I already have open, The ones below the eyes, where I currently have to normal pc 12 volt fans working on a 9 volt battery each.

They work fine for an hour and after that they just can?t handle the heat.... they?re not strong enough!

I?ll get the squirrel cage ones there and move the normal ones to the back vents so the squirrels get the fresh air in and the normal pc fans get the hot air out!

Costa Rica?s Radio shack isn?t as good as in the states so I might have a hard time finding them.... but I?ll give it a shot anyway.

Hey Scott!!!

Say I just wanted to thank you for being such a Kind Ner-Vod in C4 man!

I want to Thank ALL of you guys that where there at C4 that treated me as a brother even though some of you had no idea there was a Costa Rica outpost!!

It?s by far the nicest experience I?ve ever had in my entire life and the thing that made it beautyful was how everybody trated all as their brothers and sisters!

Thanks again for being there guys you made mine C4!

Thanks for the vent tutorial too! It?s gonna help me a LOT!

Best regards from the Tico Stormtrooper who just couldn?t say no to a mission!!!

Have found these fans, and they work quite well. Look arround at the other fans as well on the site.

-----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13