Where's Lucas getting his troops?

Smitty

A thought just occured to me, the new live action TV series is gonna take place between ep3 and ep4. Lucas is gonna need an occasional stormie for his show. How cool would it be to be able to get involved in that and actually play a stormie in the new series. I mean sure all you would be is an extra and no one would see your face but .... yes how cool would that be. Surely Lucas is gonna use his boys in the 501st for his TV series. It would be totally unfair to do otherwise.

The troops will most likely be coming from the computer animation department at ILM...I troop for LFL, and have worked with LFL actors, and obviously work with 501st member's and I'm sorry to say that I'd like to see LFL actors get the live action parts :lol:

Playing a stormtrooper would be about as hard as playing "crewman #5" qualifying factor: How well does he fall down and play dead on cue? I really hope stormies dont fall victim to computer generation. Its was abhorrent enuff that they changed the Jabba Palace scene's Max Rebo band in the Special Editions. The new song really sucks. ok back on tarkget...C'mon Georgie give us a shot.

Well, the problem with that is LFL will ask for "accurate" TK's those who are 5-11 and range from 140-175lb's, and who have passable armor...thatā€™s what they request of me when I troop for their private parties and so forth :)

The troops will most likely be coming from the computer animation department at ILM...I troop for LFL, and have worked with LFL actors, and obviously work with 501st member's and I'm sorry to say that I'd like to see LFL actors get the live action parts :lol:

Ā 

JOIC, why is that Bernard?

Well, for 1 thing, the actor's would most likely be using the Tour suits which came from ESB's and ROTJ's...so that would be a plus...and as you know, not all 501st are "up to par" for screen accuracy so to speak :rolleyes:

A few of us had a a similar chat with Steve Sansweet in the UK. His words were, 'well if you're in Oz in 2008, look me up'

Ā 

This may have been in gest but he did say it to a few of us on different occasions in CE

Ā 

I doubt it however. But if they did we'd all be screened and checked over I'm sure. I knw I would if it were my show. Close up TKs would have to be the crem de la crem of our costumes.

Ā 

At the EP3 premiere we weren't checked so much really. I'll have to double check that. but I cant remember anyone being refused cos they had an FX etc. If you could come you got to march down that red carpet. And that was beamed all over the world!!

You all have some good points, and it would be awesome if some of us were able to get some screen time B) But, yeah...Steve's a great guy, the next time I run into him, I'll have to ask him about this TV series, but there has been NO requests as of yet for extra's from the 501st, and they've had to have been filming for a while now... But, trust me, we would know :)

...A few of us had a a similar chat with Steve Sansweet in the UK. His words were, 'well if you're in Oz in 2008, look me up' ...

Yep , those of us in Oz are waiting ...

Ā 

Ā 

...but there has been NO requests as of yet for extra's from the 501st, and they've had to have been filming for a while now... But, trust me, we would know :) ...

I work 15 minutes from Fox Studios in Sydney ( where Eps II and III were filmed , and where the series , if it ever happens , is supposed to be being filmed at ) , and I know a few folk who work there , and at this stage there is nothing happening . But .... I went for a wander through the place last night , and there are some very large , very empty , sound stages there atm .

Us local 501st live in hope :)

Yep , those of us in Oz are waiting ...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I work 15 minutes from Fox Studios in Sydney ( where Eps II and III were filmed , and where the series , if it ever happens , is supposed to be being filmed at ) , and I know a few folk who work there , and at this stage there is nothing happening . But .... I went for a wander through the place last night , and there are some very large , very empty , sound stages there atm .

Us local 501st live in hope :)

Ā 

Nice!! Take some photos if you can! :)

Nice!! Take some photos if you can! :)

I'd love to , but ...the blokes with the shiny badges are not fans of you taking photos ... not where it counts ...

Yeah but it would be nice for screen accurate costumer mentality to really pay off.

A valid point, but in the short term I'd be happy if the Legion's TK's got at least standardized in quality before the bar was raised. It's been over a year since we submitted our CRL, and it hasn't even been posted in the GML area in all this time.

• 3 weeks later...

By the time the show airs "screen accurate" may become something completely different.

I mean, they may "upgrade" the Stormtroopers look for the show or something.

Ā 

I wouldn't be surprised if he let 501st members in as extras and PROVIDED armor for them to wear during filming.

I mean who better to get to be extras than people who know what it's like to BE a Stormtrooper?

And what better way to insure continuity (on the show) than to simply have the armor be provided?

He can afford it... that's for sure... I think...

Ā 

Who here has "screen accurate" armor?

I'm still too much of a noob to tell much of a difference in the little profile pics. :)

:) First, it's only "cheaper" if dealing with large shot's of large formation's. If it's about 10 or less troopers, it would be more cost efective to use "real" troopers then employ some very expensive wiz-kids at the computer! Next, as much as lot's of the CG is life like you can never replace the look and depth of real. And last I'll never let some bloody computer replace us real soldiers :angry:

:) First, it's only "cheaper" if dealing with large shot's of large formation's. If it's about 10 or less troopers, it would be more cost efective to use "real" troopers then employ some very expensive wiz-kids at the computer! Next, as much as lot's of the CG is life like you can never replace the look and depth of real. And last I'll never let some bloody computer replace us real soldiers :angry:

I'm ganna go out on a limb here and say...You don't know how much they pay people at ILM do you? :unsure: