Sandman

Fan Expo 2008 Toronto

The new site for this years 2008 Fan Expo is partially up. Although there are no details as to guests or attractions, it is still very exciting to see it under contruction... To me it signifies that summer is coming, I hope I can finish my armor in time to join the Toronto 501st for this fantastic event... Although there is'nt much to see yet, the link is here...

http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo2008/

:dance:

This is very exciting. :)

Hey Paul,

I'll be right there with you on this one!!! That will probably be my first troop if there is such a thing there .. :)

I'll watch this thread with great interest!!!!

I'm sure there will be Alain, although admittedly I am a bit conserned... it appeas the Toronto Garisson was'nt that active last year. In previous years there has always been 4 or 5 different events, but in 2007 there was only 2. I hope nothing is wrong. :unsure:

Coincidentally, Roy Mitchell, the 501st.ca CO sent me a mail yesterday and we exchanged a little. He wants to make sure to have an active year this year, so that might resolves your worries :)

I'll probably end up having to move to get some troops, I'd like to try at least once eventually! :)

Cool, I too sent him an e-mail yesterday and got a response. I expect to receive my armor shortly and had a few questions for him. :)

Ahhh...They finally released the guest list fot this years show, and there are some pretty cool people on the bill, BUZZ ALDRIN, EDWARD JAMES OLMOS, JEREMY BULLOCH and many others. Here the new link if you're intersted.... :)

http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo2008/scifi/guests.html

I'm so looking forward to it.

I'm about 99% sure I'll be there!!! Gald it's still in your plan Paul!

I'm about 99% sure I'll be there!!! Gald it's still in your plan Paul!

Yes it's still in my plan...I expect to receive my armor from RT Mod next week, problem is I'm just bought a new condo and I'm moving in at the end of the month. By the time I finish moving and then dealing with the lawyers and the banks and all the other Bull Sh_t. I'm not sure I'll have enougt time to get it fully assembled and ready for August. :huh:

:) Good day troops, if I may interject here, I'm in Vancouver, but there is no garrison or even squad here. How, (when I complete my clone or TK rig to 501st standards) how can one get into the 501st? :blink:

I've been trying to get a hold of someone there. No respones so far, emailed the XO last night. Just starting to put my armour together. Finishing my MRCE helmet. Almost there...probably will go, not sure if I'm be in white though.