Well a commercially available suit is going to cost some money no matter the quality. (Rubies anyone?) And I think the quality is definitely here, despite the fact it would never fit me without tons of mods. I'm surprised to see details like accurate strapping/rivets & what-not, so that's pretty cool. I guess at the end of the day, it's a nice display piece for high-dollar collectors, but not really for costumers with access to more viable resources within our reach here.   

I have a stupid question...Are Gino that works at eFX and GINO that made the buckets the same person? (Feel free to laugh at me lol)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

I have a stupid question...Are Gino that works at eFX and GINO that made the buckets the same person? (Feel free to laugh at me lol) Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yep same person.

U can ask direct questions about this suit to him here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-reveals-boba-fett-legend-stormtrooper-legend-stormtrooper-armor-190520/

What don't you like about it?

I guess for me, the money can be well spent and i would buy another set of armor from sources here. Also when i was up close. The plastic looked like painted hips. I could be wrong. The inside strapping wiring looked really thin compared to what you put in mine.

Another thing i didnt like was that in certain areas, you can see dimples. Might be able to see in one of the pictures of the thermal det. Maybe this is how it was for the movies, but i like my armor clean with wonkyness. Also the helmet looked hips but painted. Dont get me wrong, i could totally be wrong on materials they used.

I'm interested to see the final version and what you get straight out of the box. I'm sure someone on these boards will get it and we can do a complete inspection. It looks way better than Rubies so that's a plus, and improves what's available to the average person who knows little about our hobby or costuming. I'll sit back and watch things unfold.

I'm interested to see the final version and what you get straight out of the box. I'm sure someone on these boards will get it and we can do a complete inspection. It looks way better than Rubies so that's a plus, and improves what's available to the average person who knows little about our hobby or costuming. I'll sit back and watch things unfold.

It's true for sure, way better than Rubies and improves what's available. I don't know how much Rubies costs, but most of your "average person" types aren't expecting to cough up two grand. I think this will primarily be for collectors with mannequins and glass cases. It may also be why they left in bumps and bruises and dimples and went for the painted look. It looks like a prop suit to be propped up in a collector's trophy case. Whether or not it is wearable has yet to be determined. 

They are also selling "just the helmet" so I am still curious to see good comparison of it to ones we consider spot-on, given that the eFx isn't.

And one other thing. This one looks okay. Sure. But MINE IS WAY BETTER! :D :D :D And I built it myself, no skills!

I see lines all over that thing where it's been trimmed. It's defo been cast from something. Someone needs to grab a pic or two of the raised ridges on the biceps and bells, not the strips, the formed ridges.

Oh, I didn't mention that the "just the helmet" package is made out of fiberglass. That's good right? :)

No. Not really. If that means, that the hero helmet, that comes with the armor, is also made of fibreglass, it would destroy the claims of producing a "1:1 awesome replica".

The original hero helmets were made of ABS.

It's just a good sculpted armor for collectors...nothing more.

I love my self-built TM!

The hero helmet that was fiberglass was the stand alone one. The one with the suit was the same material as the armor. No confirmation on what the material is, but it looked and felt like abs.

I touched and lifted the hand guards slightly. They were jet black latex underneath.

I think it looks great, but like Tim Bell wrote: what will it look like when chain produced? I believe it will look worse.

I don't see this product becoming popular on FISD but that's not because there's anything wrong with what I see now - it's because their sale pitch does not matter:

I never believed the different kits we use are a determining factor of who has the most accurate TK. There are no fine details on this costume so accuracy rlies mostly on the assembly and the helmet.

To me that means this eFX better be darn well assembled on every unit made because it doesn't matter in a price tag how they came up with the molds when fans can do it right just as well. And with the right help: FISD folks do it even better.

The other reason why it will be less popular is the clash of people with different backgrounds and GML stress, both because it is pre-assembled and costs $2000 ; GML's will have a hard time telling people to refit the costume as it is a requirement for everyone. Telling a long time whitearmor reader with two left hands and a 600 dollars kit that he needs to repeat a procedure by taking apart his E6000 glued limbs and cut them narrower is a lot easier than asking a guy who comes out of nowhere to experiment cutting through with his shiny 2 grands costume. People said earlier: it's better than rubies. But rubies cost 1000 less, and are so ugly that it makes perfect sense to not approve these costumes and people would just give up modding them. So we'll fear a few unfit/unmodded eFX will get approved and that our standards will drop because of it, and react about this whole matter negatively.

A few incidents and we'll be getting the reputation of snobbing eFX buyers in no time. It's going to be a joyful party, that's what.

I understand Karin's argument that they are claiming it's 100% recast from original suit (which would explain a lot of the softness), but if the hand guards are not recast, then they are basically lying about it being 100% recast from an original suit. Right? Right. That's all. Nothing to get too excited over :)

In a nutshell, yes.

But if you reread the quote carefully:

Every armor component was carefully molded to capture detail from the inside of the vac formed parts.

Every…component. Every one.

you realise that they're talking about vac formed parts only. No mention about hand guards. So this is just a rhetorical loophole, which some (or many won't get).

This gives you ample room for interpretation.