Hey FISD!

EFX is looking for someone to model our Legend Stormtrooper Armor at our booth at New York Comic Con this week.

Looking for someone who is 5'10"-ish and skinny.

If you are interested, contact me directly at gino@columbus.rr.com

Would be great to have someone in the suit for all 4 days (thurs - sunday) so just let me know which days you can make it.

I'm no good to help with that....I'm a chunky 215 pound trooper.....I will ask around for you though. We have an ECG helper who fits the part....I'll see if he is interested

I have no ECG table or BAT activities/obligations at all on Thursday so I will definitely come by then to check out the suit :smiley-sw013:  

Edited by Redforce

I'm impressed with the quality not so much the price tag. I guess that's what "officially licensed" does. Same reason I couldn't get Air Jordan's when I was a kid.

I spoke with Bryan on Sat at Wondercon. They are still working on some things, but he said they are trying to keep it around $2000 US. This is a static display and will come with a mannequin. Mannequins are expensive on their own, so the inclusion makes the cost reasonable. They are required to furnish the mannequin, as it is a display piece. Hope that helps

Mostly its because we are trying to cater to both markets as best we can.

A huge majority of our customer base would prefer a fiberglass helmet over abs.

We had pretty much settled on not doing an abs version at all but when we decided to offer the armor it gave us a good opportunity to offer an abs version as well.

We're not always able to cater to everyone but I promise we are trying.

A lot of times we are constrained by what the market will bear.

Not sure what ever happened with this, but for someone obsessed with getting things perfectly accurate to the original, this is an embarrassing response... the number of times I've seen a post stating, "if you want it to be correct..." or "for people who will only settle for screen accurate" or simply "this is right and you aren't"... simply embarassing...

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, tk671 said:

How did this all pan out folks?

This never happened, Gino owns the armor you see there and that is it. EFX should be closed down and replaced by a company that does the job