I woke up and saw this being advertised on the RPF Facebook page as a "game changer" and the "first 100% complete Stormtrooper available to the public". I'm still learning about the various details in accuracy and I always love to hear the veteran's opinions on various sources. So, what do you guys (and gals) think?

facebook_-1782075352_zpsb5f630d3.jpg

Edited by TK-42779

I think it looks great, but I'm sure some here will find something wrong with it.

It looks good from this picture, but everything usually looks good in an advertisement. I'm interested to see some close-ups.

Get ready for all the incoming questions like "Will I be approved with this..." and so forth.

I think it's supossed to sell for like $2000.

I've seen this quote on a few forums this morning...

" At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, eFX Inc. just unveiled the most detailed, most accurate full-scale Stormtrooper uniform replica ever. It's the full armor suit, from the boots to the helmet. eFX was able to cast directly from original, screen-used Stormtrooper armor, including body suit and neck seal, from 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

The Stormtrooper armor replica can be seen in BOOTH #3635

This marks the very first time any collectible company has had full access to a production-used Stormtrooper armor from A New Hope for the purposes of actually producing a collectible replica. The suit used for casting is one of only two Stormtrooper costumes known to have been sent to the U.S. during production of the original Star Wars. From head to toe, this is the most stunning and most accurate Stormtrooper replica ever created — and the best news is, eFX is producing them for purchase!

Its appearance at San Diego Comic-Con will be the first time it will be on public display prior to pre-orders, which are planned to begin in the fall. The retail price for this "eFX Legend Edition" Stormtrooper replica is expected to be about $2,000, which will include a full display set-up! "

I've seen this quote on a few forums this morning...

This marks the very first time any collectible company has had full access to a production-used Stormtrooper armor from A New Hope for the purposes of actually producing a collectible replica. The suit used for casting is one of only two Stormtrooper costumes known to have been sent to the U.S. during production of the original Star Wars. From head to toe, this is the most stunning and most accurate Stormtrooper replica ever created — and the best news is, eFX is producing them for purchase!

Uh oh! The words, "collectible replica" make this interesting. lol I have a feeling this will make for one fun topic to watch.

Edited by TK-42779

Who's going to SDCC?? Can we get someone out there to booth #3635. We need to drill the efx rep on the armor info and take a bunch of photos....

Who's going to SDCC?? Can we get someone out there to booth #3635. We need to drill the efx rep on the armor info and take a bunch of photos....

Someone needs to, there is nothing about this on their site unless this is what they're calling "Legends" in which case they have a helmet that they are saying is coming this fall.

Besides being plastic, the hand guards are still a little off.

I need better pics, but it looks like they took some "clues" from my replicas (Does anyone remember the template I mad available years ago?)

Besides being plastic, the hand guards are still a little off.

I need better pics, but it looks like they took some "clues" from my replicas (Does anyone remember the template I mad available years ago?)

Sorry to sound heretic, but wouldn't it be possible that they cast screen used handguards?

Btw does anyone now if screenused handguards survived in the LFL archive or somewhere else?

Sorry to sound heretic, but wouldn't it be possible that they cast screen used handguards?

Btw does anyone now if screenused handguards survived in the LFL archive or somewhere else?

Blasphemy! LOL!

I only know of 1 (barely) surviving pair, all other have already crumbled to dust.

The half round wirst part is off, the tilt of the front is similar to mine.

I need to see the pinky finger part to tell/see more

Edited by Sonnenschein

normal_july23-0283.jpg

rr5p.jpg

Judging from the close up, the half circle part isn't that off.

Maybe someone with a fresh eye can compare these; I'm a little biased ;)

Since everyone else seems to be recasting RS Props lately, how much do you want to bet EFX did too.

If they made it with the same material that they made there buckets, it will be heavy to wear.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

I started a new topic then found this one. Here's what I wrote:

Revealed at SDCC, this new suit from Gino and eFX runs $2,000 and claims to be the first ever complete out-of-the-box ANH Stormtrooper suit. It's a Hero suit. 

Now we all know "out of the box" means collectors, because "out of the box" won't fit every person properly. And with that price tag, it'll only be crazy collectors buying them. But you never know... for all those folks who buy before they research, or never find their way here first, this could become a rare but potential 501st entry suit. It does need some detail work, obviously, like properly painted & drilled teeth and 4 rivets for the holster. Otherwise they did get quite a few details correct, better than many of the licensed junk suits out there. 

SO HAVE AT IT, BOYS!  And if any of your are @ SDCC and want to scrutinize in person, let us know what you think!

(It kills me that I could get 2, possibly even 3 suits for that price tag!)

1003152_330318890435639_1528615654_n.jpg

580249_330498030417725_2047368805_n.jpg

64855_330498013751060_321234778_n.jpg

1016914_330497987084396_1765923979_n.jpg

164240_330498097084385_84619412_n.jpg

998414_330498070417721_445634336_n.jpg

1001200_330498060417722_180881624_n.jpg

And thanks to Cory Leeper TK-11423 for the photos.

(pulls up chair and bag of popcorn)

THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!

Btw Ingrid pointed out Hero belt needs 4 rivets.

Guys we have people there now grilling them. More info is definitely on the way.

Is there a back story to how this armor came into production?

I'm challeging the "100% screen used" claim. There's no way on earth they got their ---ahm-- hands on screen used hand guards.

and even if, latex guards can't be recast. Fact.

First reports to our questions: Lots of "I don't know"

I don't want to bag on this out the gate, but when you want to sell a TK at SDCC for $2k, you need to bring your A game.

More to come I'm sure...