Hey ESB troops...Little Help :)

23vince23

Hey guys...New Guy here trying to make a 501st worthly trooper...

I got a set of FX Armor for a decent price, I know, I know....what your going to Say and Yes I have Ordered a New ATA helmet kit, it's coming this week :) haha

I have read the post on Updating FX armor to be approved and even to get (EIB) status... here is were I am on it so far..

1. Swtitching out buttons on the Ab plate to the right grey & blue colors

2. Ordering a New canvas belt this Week

3. Cutting the butt plate into 2 pieces and adding snaps

4. Shimming the side gaps

Looks like i need to find ESB Hand plates...any idea were i can get some ?

what else should i do or need to do to be ESB trooper ? i noticed the helmet is slighly different than others as far as painting the Frown all black.

Noticed also the holster for the blaster is on the Right side and dosent need to be Riveted in just loop'd on..

Thanks so much for any Help or suggestions

Vince

decal color on the helmet, much different than ANH not just a black frown.

trooperbay has excellent ESB decals for ATA kits.

I personally would get S neck trim, and keith's hovie tips.

you'll probably also want an ESB blaster.

you might want to consider replacing the CHEST and BACK upper body as well as swaping out the shoulder bells.

NE or AM armor would work pretty well to do that.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

For EI the setup is fine, though as Vern says if you want you can pimp it out even more. If you're handy with tools, you can trim the chest and bells yourself, and give them a return edge with an iron (others have done this, I'm not that good at it).

For snowie plates - I think both John Danter & TM make them - maybe others? I have two sets - an old one from TE2 and one from John Danter. I much prefer the latter. Agree with Vern - TrooperBay for decals all the way.

thanks Guys for the suggestions...not sure I have the funds to start buying even more items to update the suit as of yet...

would you suggest another easier route with what i do have at the moment in which TK I could be better suited for ?

Thanks again for the suggestions !

thanks paul.. you mentioned me 2 times.

there are so many ways you can build upon the base kit.

welcome to the 501

vince to vern... from brother to brother.

would you suggest another easier route with what i do have at the moment in which TK I could be better suited for ?

FX is kind of it's own stylized stormtrooper. It was fan-sculpted with details combined from all three movies, so you can go pretty much go any route. It can even be made into ROTJ with a little work. Most people seem to prefer ANH.

ATA also offers the ESB hand plates. So if your helmet hasn't shipped yet, you can ask for a set of those.  

Thanks Vern, this site has been extremely helpful and full of Tk's willing to lend there expertize

Hey Bj, thanks for the heads up, I will email ATA and ask about them...

Edited by 23vince23

Here's my post after converting my FX kit to ESB:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22384-tk-209-esb-conversion-completed-for-re-activation/

The post has a link to my original set up as well.

1. I got a pair of Snowtrooper hand plates from a fellow member and trimmed them.
  2. Bought the ESB stickers (for FX bucket) and canvas belt from Trooperbay.
  3. Moved my holster to the right side (non-riveted).
  4. Repainted the ab buttons.

That's about it.

Edited by SubSkip

Thanks Craig,

Got a pair of ESB hand plates coming for ATA with the Helmet I had ordered....

Guess I can Order the ESB decals from Trooperbay, or ask them if they make them for a ATA helmet
Ordered a Canvas belt , should be here this week

All ready switch out the Old Black buttons with the New Grey & Blue ones...

Am getting there...Will post pics when am done to make sure I didnt miss anything.

Thanks guys

Okay, received my ATA helmet kit, with all the parts including the S trim...should be getting my ESB decals from trooper bay soon,

Got my Canvas belt the other day, Now i just need to spend a couple of days putting things back together and updating...

I will post a picture later but am not sure how i can go about building the canvas belt, 

The FX belt that was on my suit was attached to the ab plate with 2 bolts on either side, now  my ab plate and belt plastic piece has 2 holes, should i just follow the same method and bolt back on the new canvas belt ? would that be fine ?

The FX belt that was on my suit was attached to the ab plate with 2 bolts on either side, now  my ab plate and belt plastic piece has 2 holes, should i just follow the same method and bolt back on the new canvas belt ? would that be fine ?

You can do that. Just as long as you have the square covers over the bolts on your belt. :)

That's where I attached the snap that connects the belt to the abdomen plate (the square is already there). I painted the snap white and left the upper hole there. You can't quite make out the detail in my re-sub pics, but it looks just fine.

Okay got the Belt All figured out, including inclosing the boxes,

Now can someon epost pics of there Hand Plates ?? I have to trim out mine and wanna get it right the first time ! I haven't really seen any good reference pics to follow.

thanks

-------------

Basically I just placed a strip of blue painter's tape along the bottom edge of the snow trooper hand guards and trimmed along that line.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 weeks later...

decal color on the helmet, much different than ANH not just a black frown.

trooperbay has excellent ESB decals for ATA kits.

I personally would get S neck trim, and keith's hovie tips.

you'll probably also want an ESB blaster.

you might want to consider replacing the CHEST and BACK upper body as well as swaping out the shoulder bells.

NE or AM armor would work pretty well to do that.

How do ANH and ESB blasters differ?

I believe the core differences are that the ESB does not have the ammo counter attached and no power cylinders on the magazine housing. 

There is a Promo blaster that has other differences, but I don;t recall... you can check the CRL for those details. 

Clamps pretty much summed it up.

ESB  promo or pugman resin cast blaster - ASK RS props for a copy of one of those.

ESB standard E-11

The basic sterling with T Tracks and a sight rail with one of Two scopes- the M19, or the M38

there were also resin cast blasters in ESB with different details mixing some of the elements of the

pugman, and the standard sterling.

in ANH they add power cells to the top of the magazine, and a hengstler counter on the left side of the scope.