Suggestions Needed: How do you unglue hot glue?

Hi there-

I was putting a hard hat liner in my helmet, and managed to screw it up.  And now, I need to unglue some of the pieces.  

Anyone have any suggestions of how to unglue the pieces that I have stuck together?  I was thinking that heat would be the key (since it is hot glue after all), but I thought I would see if anyone had any better ideas before I screw this up further!

Thanks for any recommendations you can provide!

~Tim

I have only found two ways that work, a sharp knife but time consuming or a soldering iron which melts the glue again then just scrape the melted glue away with some scrap abs.

Hot glue things I typically can just pull off without anything else, maybe a butter knife as leverage.

Also, have you considered padding instead of hard hat liner? I've got hard hat liner in mine and I've tried on helmets with padding and I like padding much better. The hard hat liner takes up quite a bit of room (or at least in my bucket it does).

Good luck!

If you've used hot glue from a glue gun my bet it is will fail and fall apart quicker than you could say hotglueisuselessneveruseitagain..

I concur.

To remove it spray with furniture polish such as Mr Sheene. Leave for five mins and it should peel straight off.