Diagram of snap placement

I know I am not crazy!!! Don't ask my wife to confirm this!!! But I KNOW I have seen a picture/diagram on the forms that showed a recommended count and placement of the snap location on the chest and ab pieces. It was not a photo but a Billhag kinda style of diagram. Chest and back butterflied out with specific locations of snap placements.

Please help a brother out and restore my sanity by helping me locate this lost item. I have been searching and reading these forums for the last few hours looking for this one item.

Any suggestions????

• Like 1

Echo you are a wonderful person!!!!   I looked EVERYWHERE on this forum for this!!!!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

And after doing EVEN MORE searching... I finally found the thread.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23605-putting-it-all-together/?p=297858

Edited by McDNet
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

That is handy... is there a key for the snaps though?  The original thread also featured this diagram:

89B4ED64-5E59-4F75-9354-2F4B09A886F6-5419-000008D63D3A5DCB.jpg

Most of it's pretty self-explanatory, but I'm not sure what snap 2 on the bicep pieces is for.

I also seem to recall seeing some use of snaps on the front of the ab plate for holding up the belt, which I don't see represented on that chart.

• Like 2

Snap 2 on the bicep connects to snap one on the forearm. You are right about the ab snaps on the outside holding up the belt, but they are not part of the strapping system.

Edited by Zaphod

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This may sound like a stupid question, but are all these snaps female? Male? or a combo...

Generally the male snaps are attached to the plates that are glued to the armor, and the female snaps attach to the connecting strips. That way the flattest part (the underside of the male base) is the part glued to the armor, and the smooth caps are on the side against your body.

Oops, that's what you get for opening tabs and then taking a work call before finishing reading. ;)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

All good! But, to clarify even more, this diagram shows placement of only FEMALE? I mean it sure looks like it. But, you know what happens when you ASSume. lol

All good! But, to clarify even more, this diagram shows placement of only FEMALE? I mean it sure looks like it. But, you know what happens when you ASSume. lol

No, the other way around. It shows the placement of the male snap plates that are glued to the armor. The female snaps are then mounted onto straps (elastic and/or webbing) and connect the paired male snaps.

• Like 1

I’m always surprised, and somewhat humbled, to see my old ‘Bill-a-grams’ still being used as a point of reference to help guys with their builds, especially since a good few of ‘em were produced many, many  years ago and methods and information as progressively changed throughout this time.

Quite a few have been updated over the years as and when needed but please bear in mind that they were only ever intended as a rough guide to help or in many cases to answer someone’s specific question.

:)

null_zpsd0473544.jpg

null_zpsbf3265ca.jpg

89B4ED64-5E59-4F75-9354-2F4B09A886F6-5419-000008D63D3A5DCB.jpg

BicepampForearmPopperPositions01_zps6d3974ac.jpg

KatsSnapPlates04.jpg

SINGLECAPRIVET-POPPERFIXINGS01.jpg

Kidneysidesinglecaps01_zps314ba7dd.jpg

:)

• Like 7

• 2 years later...

Don't suppose we can get a re-upload or source of these? They were super useful before the great photobucket removal

1 hour ago, Alay said:

Don't suppose we can get a re-upload or source of these? They were super useful before the great photobucket removal

Sarah, I believe all the above images and more were all collected right here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41016-billgrams-the-one-stop-shop/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lucnak said:

Sarah, I believe all the above images and more were all collected right here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41016-billgrams-the-one-stop-shop/

This is as many as I've come across.  There may well be more and if people come across them I'll happily add them.