TK-13031 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [TE2?] [340]

I'll be finally tending to those pesky cover strips here in the next couple weeks. I have a few troops to attend and don't feel like pulling the strips off my armor just yet. Once the right window opens I'll take them off, sand off the glue damage, polish them up and re-apply the new cover strips. 

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Mark. I appreciate the words of encouragement. 

On that note, the requested changes are coming soon. I haven't exactly been moving quickly on this I know, but I plan to finish off the final steps in the near future. I have a handful of troops coming up in the next two weeks. I'll tend to those pesky cover strips and missing D-Ring after that. 

Edited by Warwitch

Well, today is the day. Pulling off the old cover strips, doing some armor repair and applying the new strips. I'll post photos when complete. As far as the D-Ring installation goes, I'm still working on the best way to attach it to the hyperfirm blaster. I'll need to look up some tutorials. 

Great work so far, Brother! :smiley-sw013:

Oh, hey! Great to see you posting on my humble EIB thread, Darman. I bought my holster and neck seal from you and they have been fantastic. Thanks again! 

Update: New cover strips are applied and are currently clamped and drying. I'll take photos here in a couple hours and upload them. Thanks also for the link about the D-rings. Checking over my options now. I should have a photo posted of that tonight as well. 

Posted up a picture with the new cover strips and they looked great when I wasn't wearing them, but once I put them on things quickly took a turn for the worse. Round 3...I have some ideas that should fix the problem. I hope to have some photos up later today.

Edited by Warwitch

Currently in hurry up/nightmare mode trying to get these cover strips fixed before my troop this weekend. I've discovered a number of problems that I'm working hard to fix, but if successful my armor should fit me a lot better and no longer require the large cover strips.

Edited by Warwitch

I reduced the cover strip size dramatically. They now match the width of the other strips on my suit. I've been having a HORRIBLE time however getting the strips to line up properly along the side of the shin. I don't remember ever showing such a huge gap with my previous cover strips. Granted, they were almost an inch larger in width, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable and/or normal. I've trimmed, used a heat gun and tried everything short of a bacta tank to get these as flush as possible. Here is the final result. Thoughts? 

GWCBcSm.jpg

rEVJXwP.jpg

I will of course take new full body shots with both shins on if this looks like I'm heading in the right direction. I just needed to check in here first. I'm not very happy with the gap so I'm going to research some other options.

Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by Warwitch

After reading some tutorials here, I'm now experimenting with Velcro instead of clips as a way to seal the gap. I like the way this looks A LOT better, though my commanding officer is going to kill me because he hates Velcro with a passion. Ultimately though, I think this just looks so much better. Can Velcro be used in an EIB build is the next question? 

KoqQep9.jpg

Edited by Warwitch

I'll be suiting up tomorrow. A new set of pictures with the tighter shoulders and new cover strips to follow. I'm going to install the D-Ring we found as well.

Edited by Warwitch

Of course Velcro can be used on the back of your shins for closure.

In fact most of us UKG troopers use Velcro.

I know the originals used a bra and elastic arrangement which opens and closes at the back as you walk.

That's ok for prop replication, the Velcro closure also helps pull in the shins so that they look nice and slim (form fitted) from the front view.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your mods.

FINALLY installed the proper D Ring onto the back of my E-11 Blaster. Here is the photo as requested: 

xpVoX92.jpg

Eventually I'd like to add a counter and a glass lens to the scope. One step at a time.

Edited by Warwitch