Helmet: Same as armor

Mic Tips: Resin (custom)
Blaster: DoopyDoos Resin kit w/ Hasbro Blaster

Holster: Darman

Boots: TK Boots

Belt: Trooperbay
Gloves: Rubber gloves (Trooperbay)

Hand Plates: ABS plastic
Electronics: Aker/iComm/mp3 player/Twin squirrel fans (helmet)
Neck seal: Darman
Undersuit: Two part Eastbay body suit

1ZXu6yJ.jpg

dqFKhRB.jpg

593Vdj2.jpg

mm5ywQu.jpg

6EXsUwZ.jpg

W673soV.jpg

IbmP7Ih.jpg

0irZns0.jpg

vzbYMxy.jpg

iZI0EwE.jpg

petDmh9.jpg

w7BC8GV.jpg

xbLzMoe.jpg

NKuo72u.jpg

AoCLz2r.jpg

RSPMDCV.jpg

efAgvvt.jpg

RGW8tYu.jpg

Uah07mw.jpg

u8bjGVK.jpg

9GvnxYn.jpg

hluGABS.jpg

NUAayW6.jpg

bPh8TeV.jpg

zxpzaDJ.jpg

d7WwkJi.jpg

And finally, a cool action shot of my wife and I (and our Probe Droid) from a recent parade we did. Just for kicks: 

ypuVd6z.jpg

Edited by Warwitch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Minuteman for the tip! Took me a bit to figure that out, but it looks like everything is uploaded and ready to go.

That being said, I'm relatively new to FISD and to trooping, though my love for Star Wars spans many many years.  I made a few mistakes early (Ebay), but I had a lot of help in my Garrison to make the best out of what could have been a very bad start. Thanks for reviewing my build. I look forward to your constructive feedback!

Edited by Warwitch

This is a pretty good application

You need to attend to the fitment of your holster straps, preferably to come from the rear of your belt.

We need to see a clear close up of your AB Belt button colours, they look too dark in these pics.

Your left shoulder bell gap could do with coming in a bit to reduce those gaps.

I'm a little concerned about the mismatched cover strip widths used here though.

Can you explain why you appear to have some 15-20mm on forearms and biceps in some places then a few 25mm

And some extremely wides on the rear of your shins?

I'd like to understand your logic here please.

Ah yes! I changed the screws on my holster straps and forgot to tuck the straps back under the belt. Feeling stupid, but easy fix :)

I'll take a close up picture of the AB Belt buttons shortly and upload for your consideration. I believe they should be the proper color, but another easy fix if not.

As far as the shoulder gaps go, I've been feeling like the shoulders have been a bit too far for my comfort. Another quick fix. However, I do have a pretty broad chest and shoulders and I'm finding this tends to cause some spread between the chest and shoulders. I'll bring them in a bit to see if that helps. 

As far as the cover strips, I had some help during that phase of my armor, and I think the wider cover strips on the shins were used to conceal some damage on the back of the leg armor. I had previously used velcro and caused quite a mess. We switched over to clips.

Edited by Warwitch

Ok, here is a close up view of my AB Plate. Please let me know if these are the proper colors. If not, I'll head down to the craft store, pick up some paint and fix the offending buttons at once: 

BD68mps.jpg

Edited by Warwitch

And here is an updated photo showing that the holster straps have been moved back to their proper place. Also, I showcase the fact that my drop boxes have inner boxes as well: 

D75jtEM.jpg

Edited by Warwitch

I'll tend to the left shoulder bell gap once my wife is home from work. She's the resident seamstress of the house. 

Thanks for the feedback thus far. I've learned (and am learning) a lot. I appreciate the time and effort everyone here puts into helping people like myself earn their stripes.

Great atttitude in your approach to the feedback and recommended mods. One thing that does not seem to be mentioned is the Blaster. Being a Hasbro mod, I believe it needs to have one of the pre-existing t-tracks removed. Excerpt from CRL noted below:

"If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place."

Good luck with the remainder of the approval process. 

Ah, I see what you mean. I compared screen accurate blasters to the Hasbro blaster I have and I see the track that needs to be removed to allow for the vent holes. If the blaster is a barrier between getting EIB or not, I'll have to see what I can do. The Hasbro has always been just a temporary way to get into the world of trooping. I had always planned to upgrade it, and my armor as well, down the road.

Gabe,

Go outside in the sun and take a picture of your ab buttons in natural light and post that picture.

Taking the picture inside with bad light makes them look way too dark. I've seen his suit in person and the colors are correct, its just the cell phone photos he submitted in the shade and inside are making them look really dark.

Ok, here's one more picture of the AB buttons, this time in sunlight. Too dark? Or just right? I've seen varying colors on AB plate buttons. Some a light blue, others a dark midnight blue like this. I await the final verdict: 

ExxIZLB.jpg

I've looked over this application again today.

I am aware that you are out attending to the AB button colours and the Hasbro blaster holes.

I have mentioned the cover strip widths that you have used before and I am afraid to say that I cannot EIB clear this with your cover strips as they are.

The forearm and bicep cover strips need to be narrower than those used on the shins and thighs.

The width of cover strips used, should be in proportion to your body size.

The width of cover strips either used on the forearms and biceps or shins and calves should remain the same width throughout, with only a few mm difference.

In general your armour looks good, but I cannot clear these cover strips as they are as they fall into the improper armour construction category.

I would encourage you to please attend to the cover strip widths.

Thanks for the continued feedback. I repainted the AB buttons with the French Blue Testors paint. I don't notice a big difference, but the AB buttons are a bit lighter than they were before. Here is the result: 

0rHdncS.jpg

Instead of upgrading my Hasbro, I'll probably buy a better blaster and resubmit pictures of that soon. The Hasbro was always just a stand in blaster until I could get something better. Now might be the time to go ahead and pull the trigger (pun intended) on that plan. 

As far as the cover strips go, it shouldn't be too difficult to reduce them in size. I hadn't really noticed how much bigger they were until you pointed that out. I think you're right that my armor will look a lot better when we reduce them in width. 

I'll begin work on that in the next week or so. 

The button colours look good and correct now.

Can I take a moment to thank you for your positive outlook about the comments given about your Armour and praise to you for wanting to address them.

You Are a super example to any aspiring EIB or centurion troopers.

This is what the program is all about.

Thanks! I've always wanted to be a TK and now that I am one I want to make sure I look as good as I possibly can. It's a fun and exciting challenge to tackle. Thanks again for the feedback. I'll post up more photos as soon as I have made some progress. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update:

I'm working on either upgrading my E-11 Blaster or picking up a brand new blaster which is much more screen accurate. At the moment I'm considering picking up a Hyperfirm. 

I'm also starting work on my pesky shin covers soon as well. 

I look forward to your further thoughts and comments. Thanks again!

Edited by Warwitch

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I was slowly working on my Hasbro when my wife surprised me with a Hyperfirm E-11 Blaster. Hoping this addresses the accuracy issues on the barrel: 

c8O2T8u.jpg