Trooper helping Trooper...a kind of build thread

Hey all,

OpiWan and myself like to introduce our project. But before we start with the picture story we like to write something about the history…

I found a TK sale thread in the external german garrison forum. The person wrote something about that she/he can’t complete the build of the kit. She/he started 2010 but just finished some trimmings.

It sound curious  so i wrote a pm and asked why she/he selling the kit (it was a PT kit).

After a couple of days i got the replay: she is girl from vienna and a big star wars fan. Her marriage was supported by 2 imperial guards and her big dream was and is to have a Stormtrooper. But she became ill…her doc diagnosed Multiple sclerosis (for more information look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis).

From time to time she got the typical symptomse and she wasn’t able to finish (or even to start) the armor. So she terminated her dream and tried to sold her kit.

For OpiWan and myself it was clear that no desease has the power to stop dreams! We offered her to build her armor in that way that she can wear it and become part of the 501st. After some pm’s she agreed and sent the kit from vienna to frankfurt. We also needed her measurements because the distance for the fitting is a little bit too farJ (round about 720km or 447 miles).

That’s the whole story and a great experiance for all…but now some pictures

The package arrived (also a brown box;-) )

IMG_0319_zpse32566bf.jpg

Really nice: two buckets for two versions:-)

IMG_0320_zps19a78323.jpg

h3mjx7xv.jpg

afqekqqe.jpg

IMG_0328_zpsdbc535b4.jpg

the bucket is finished...tried to build and paint accurate

IMG_0582_zps92172952.jpg

IMG_0583_zps5dd7ca13.jpg

IMG_0584_zpse74565b2.jpg

IMG_0585_zps69444223.jpg

IMG_0586_zps46bd8b94.jpg

now the torso

xlhvdlz5.jpg

8p7isrxv.jpg

ibwjqk9k.jpg

9k5jarjz.jpg

and here in the tantative style

IMG_0751_zpsd4cd22d4.jpg

IMG_0753_zps45d86bf6.jpg

both buckets...one ANH the other ESB

ch4ngylw.jpg

ih7u6aq7.jpg

bzq2fppl.jpg

Why ESB too???? We also have two handguard versions:-) ...sadly without rubber cloves

rpt4sq9b.jpg

fk8bjehb.jpg

gklxpgv4.jpg

My wife did the belt

IMG_0750_zpsd10b8d38.jpg

Some strapping pics

IMG_0754_zps9b88a628.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsc311eb23.jpg

and for different sizes

IMG_0756_zpsf1d02422.jpg

My first dropbox build:-) (i'm one of the dirty ones)

IMG_0757_zps2e8a4782.jpg

The last pic before shipping...

IMG_0865_zps01ddd96a.jpg

And now back into the real brown box...that brings back memories when this box arrived to me...IMG_0917_zpse37c4a0a.jpg

THE IMPERIAL POST OFFICE WANTS YOU!IMG_0923_zpsb2324959.jpg

Now, we all waiting for some pics of a happy girl in her dream....(pics follow) 

so long....move along

Hey Felix !

Verry good idea to post this here too :) thank you.

I hope we will see some pix of her soon and I hope the armor fitts her.

Edited by Opi Wan

Dudes, you did really some great work and are an example to all of us!

"Troopers helping troopers"

Thats what it´s all about.

I take my hat of to you :salute:

Thanks to all!!

Yes this is the spirit of the 501st....help other people and make wishes and dreams become true

And of course building armor, weapons...our imperial universe.

So long....move along!

The package arrived yesterday!!!!

I really hope she is strong enough to wear the armor this weekend....the hot weather is a problem for her. sometimes she had no feelings in her arms, or

she becomes blind on one of her eyes. We hope the best for her first appearance!! (i'm a little bit nervous...:-) )

@Dean:

OpiWan is #86079

I'm #20047

so long....move along...

My buckets off to you. You've fully captured the spirit of the Legion & FISD, and do us proud. Shoot me a PM with your address - I have something for you.

Great and inspiring work Troopers! :)

Thank you for putting this out there.

Good examples, like this, are rare in a world where media seems more interested in keeping people scared than inspired to do great things.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is a short "project" update (it's not a real project because a stormtrooper never ends;-) )

The two packages arrived. One of them was totally damaged but i built a great shield:-) so the armor didn't broken.

Unfortunately she isn't able to dress up because the warm weather in the last weeks aggravate her MS:-(

But she said that she and her husband anger their dog with buckets on....so we all hope that we'll get some shots of that :jc_doublethumbup:  :smiley-sw013:

i give a new report when we have some pics!

so long...move along....

My buckets off to you. You've fully captured the spirit of the Legion & FISD, and do us proud. Shoot me a PM with your address - I have something for you.

Another kit for them to build!  :laugh1: 

Well done, chaps. Nice story.