Troopergear Helmets

Like I said in my hello post, I recently purchased and received 2 stormtrooper setups from Troopergear (per a recommendation here on White Armor). My dilemma is putting these helmets together. They are 3 piece setups (face/dome and back) I've looked around and unless I am missing it, all I can find is 2 piece helmet tutorials. Could some one point me to how to put these 3 piece helmet setups together. All I have found is how to do a 2 piece. And looking at these not sure how they fit together. No matter how I have mocked them, they don't seem to fit or I can mock them up so the 3 pieces come together but then you won't get your head in them. I am sure I am missing something about doing it, but I don't want to cut and shave and mess them up. We all know this is quite a few dimes worth of stuff.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

troopergear is for large people usually 6' 200-200+

that sounds exactly like the old FX bucket.

look for FX bucket tutorials.

I believe that the old style FX helmet and armor is not EIB or Centurion approvable?

the old FX style is quickly becoming a T rex around here... extinct!

are you sure you needed armor that large?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I am considering purchasing the NE armor from TupperwareTK.  It seems like he and Troopergear are two guys who sell the NE armor. TupperwareTK has been very good with answering questions (you are going to have issues with the ears as it seems everyone does) about the bucket and sent me instructional tips via email...PM me with your email address and I will forwarded it to you...  They are making a new mold of ears and will replace your original ones for free (from what I've heard from the vendor).  I would search for NE Armor Builds and look there.  I have not heard if the bucket is NOT legit for EIB or Centurion.  I would need clarification on that before my purchase.  @ TK Bondservnt 2392 are you for certain that is the case?? I am just a noobie here.  Thanks!!

Vern meant the FX helmet and you mean the NE - two different pair of shoes. At the moment there is no Centurion with a NE helmet, only one with the armor.

The 3 piece construction is a disadvantage, yes, but in the end the finished helmet matters and if you do good work and the gap is invisible then who cares if it was a 3 piece.

The last instance is the deployment officer of course.

Troopergear never mentioned it was large dudes, I have put the armor up to both my son and I. Seems to be fine I am 5'7" and a 160lbs, my Son is 5'9" and about the same weight.  These are the NE Kits, here is the info I got from Troopergear, I bought 2 of the full kits.

FULL Kits Include:
ALL body armor pieces
NE helmet kit - This helmet kit is a very accurate face on a 3 piece helmet design for durability.  Included is the hardware for assembly and custom aluminum mic tips. 
ABS cement 
ABS polish
Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included). 
Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions
ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates
**Note that the helmet kit does not yet include decals** 

LITE Kits Include:
ALL body armor pieces 
Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back Velcro required but not included). 
Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions
ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates
LITE kits do NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, or Helmet kit. 

MISC ARMOR INFO: 
ALL pieces are vac-formed from high gloss .090 ABS plastic, then trimmed and sanded, wrapped and packed for shipping.  The kits do not currently come with assembly instructions as we have not had time to complete them for the new design, but you can find tons of reference material and build threads on forums.whitearmor.net

PICTURES:
------------

PRICING:

Prices deleted per FISD rules about posting armor prices. Thanks! DarthAloha

For a full price quote including shipping, just let me know your zip code or country and i can get you an accurate price.  Payment will be accepted via Paypal to troopergear@gmail.com
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I've had a hands on with the NE lid. The face plate could do centurion no problem well the whole thing could. Well except maybe the ears you just can't get them high enough. I've built just about 6 ATA lids and an RS props and those are like butter! I've heard through my garrison that NE has heard all the complaints about the ears and "Will' be fixing them so the builder can fit them properly. As far as size yeah it's larger I wish I had taken some pics. I can tell you that the ears are close to screen derived size and the swoop is very close but, they are a bear to fit. The armor well if you have the guts to cut and I mean cut it it'll fit your size. I wear AM and it was larger than NE. I'm 6' 155 soaking wet the lid can make centurion I think but it'll take time and patience to see that. At least the armor got centurion as well it should have anyone who's seen it despite the controversy should agree its no AM (though I never understood the hate).

Confused here...why would the bucket not be EIB approved??  Sorry if it is an ignorant question...just trying to figure all this stuff out.  I thought the different levels meant more attention to details while building it.  Does this bucket look different from the other vendors??

It looks significantly different. Most all accurate helmets (AP, ATA, TE2, RS Props) are all 4 piece design (face, cap-n-back, 2 "ear" seam covers) These helmets are a 5 piece with the top cap being separate from the front and back. The ear situation with these helmets is a huge issue. The molds have yet to be adjusted to allow the ears to be installed to their proper height. Not only does this look incorrect, it could actually prevent a trooper from receiving EIB or Centurion.

I ordered a set of the NE armor and the first thing recommended to me was to ditch the helmet. Needless to say, I was a little upset as this wasn't a cheap set of armor. I went out and bought a two piece  helmet, but the ABS didn't match.  Granted, the mold quality is outstanding, but the seam on the back of the helmet is going to be a problem.  I now have a considerable amount of work to do to get it even EIB approved.  Centurion seems to be a long distant goal, if at all even possible at this point. Not happy about that at all.  Had I known about the helmet issues upfront, I would not have bought it.  The appeal to me about it was that I am 6'2" and I need tall armor.  I'm working on getting it fitted with my local garrison and from what I've seen, they can work wonders. I have a talented bunch here, which gives me some hope.  So hopefully, I can report back in a few weeks with some better news, but as a noob entering the field, I can say I am a bit disillusioned right now. *shrug*

Edited by Delirium Cordia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if you could PM me the information also. I just got my kit from troopergear yesterday.

im 5'11 about 150 lb, it seems a bit big, but trimming it down shouldnt be too difficult. 

From what I read, always trim as little as possible, then a bit more if needed, never cut too much.

I held the helmet together with ears and i see what you are saying about the ears.

Its not a perfect fit, but should still work with the lil bolts holding it in place

Thanks!