Rezablad3's RS Props ANH TK build

I am afraid that my English might run short when giving specific directions or pointing to specific parts and details. So, would be a little nervous to tell you what to do only with words, that's why I used a picture ;)

But, I guess you got the idea and some pointers on what I did. but I would rather wait to have someone giving you better more precise advice as a native English speaker.

What I did was cut off most of thr (extra) side edge and only leave enough for the butt joint to be as wide as the cover strip. That for the front, then follow screen used armor pictures to match the looks of both the front and back.

That will make it fit way better.

Then, remember the wrist end does not have a return edge, so that will help you if you need to trim s bit or a lot on the inner parts wrist end to make it fit/match.

Remember original armor did not have all its parts matching perfectly.

Very important, use screen used armor references for a screen used look. Other people's builds are a great help and inspiration. But you want to look like ANH not necessarily like other people's armor.

That includes my own reference.

:)

Hope it helps.

I'll be following your build.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatly appreciated Juan, i understood perfectly what you meant. I will post more progress later on tonight. I just look at other build threads for inspiration on how to assemble, but in the end i use screen caps and pictures of screen used armor for the final look. I have modified my last AP to make it more screen accurate, but i received it assembled, so i guess this would be my first time assembling an TK.

Thanks again Troopers....

So i started on the forearms, i trimmed this already to my size. My left forearm is perfect. But as i said in my earlier post that there is extra plastic on the right forearm. the fit is good, so i am unsure whether to align the bottom and trim the top, or align the top and trim the bottom.

Here is what it looks like now if i align the bottom

IMG_3696_zps3baf219c.jpg

IMG_3697_zpsea1a1665.jpg

and heres what it looks like align at the top

IMG_3698_zpsbae7e55b.jpg

IMG_3699_zpsca75351e.jpg

I think it will be better if i align the top and trim the bottom, because the top of the inner forearm has that unique curve, and if i cut the bottom, it wont make much difference. What do you guys think?

But im going to wait till i get some more advice before i do some unnecessary cutting..

Thanks...

Edited by Rezablad3

Depending on how they fit is the important part, if you can go a little small then I would say keep the bottom flush, but if you need the large size then keep the top the same and trim the bottoms. Careful cutting and a smoothing with a heat iron or household iron on low, will help to cure and smooth the cut surfaces :D

Hi, per your images, aligning the elbow end looks like it will give you the best look. When I built my RS I thought I aligned the wrist, but I must have aligned the elbow. It's amazing how you begin to forget little details even when you take lots of photo's and notes. It's kind of like being a first time parent, there is a lot you forget about when they were an infant once you've gotten through it haha.

So I've aligned my right forearm to the top of the piece and trimmed off the bottom. here are the arm piece's ready for some glue....

IMG_3720_zpsd16d0185.jpg

Made up some cover strips as well, i will be using a 15mm-16mm for the forearms and biceps and 20mm for the shins and thighs. Although i will be using a 25mm strip on the back of the shins just to have more closure on the back (a little something i learned from TM, thanks Paul).

IMG_3716_zps511edc2e.jpg

My brackets finally came in, so i assembled them and did a test fit with the loops...

IMG_3722_zpsc6e7c5f3.jpg

IMG_3721_zps58c95f29.jpg

IMG_3723_zpsaa7f502e.jpg

IMG_3724_zpsa2d3621b.jpg

Turns out i lost one of my elastic loops, so i have to make a new one.

Thanks Troopers :salute:

Also started trimming the left thigh. i figured this would be easier than the right thigh (alignment wise). I used a 10mm strip method to draw the cut lines on each side. What do you think ?

IMG_3717_zpsc72da62d.jpg

IMG_3718_zpsc6fef679.jpg

IMG_3719_zps8101fe09.jpg

I think i still have more return edges than i want, so probably will trim a little bit more later on. Question, how do you guys go about trimming the back of the thighs for better movement? Yes or No? I did a test fit on my thigh, while its a good fit, it may seem easier to walk in if i do trim the back. Not sure if i should do it or not.

Cheers Guys..... :salute:

Did the right thigh tonight, i know that there is a misalignment on both the top and bottom of the RS right thigh, but is normal to have this much misalignment? i tried to put on the thigh ammo pack and seems to go on fine. 

The top seems normal

FEF5241C-61FC-40B1-97A3-2C9460EA05C2-843

i know that i this will be covered with the ammo pack, but the bottom seems really far off.....

5D5803E1-53CF-4021-B1E1-0FCF8413C4FC-843

Here's what it looks like overall... what do you guys think?

8B9B3338-AD51-45A2-8A22-3998663B2ADB-843

56D404DC-AFAD-468F-B8C7-8CE9A2375CF2-843

:salute:

Edited by Rezablad3

Updates from last night's progress:

started on the shins, which was pretty challenging. Couldn't tell which piece was left and right again, even though it was labeled. So i went on with my guts and did the pairing up by looking at reference pics and mostly by feeling. As of now, i think i paired them up correctly, i tried both on and seem pretty comfortable. i still have to trim the bottom to my size, but still not sure how much i want to take off yet. I am also thinking of trimming the back top of the shin for better movement, but probably wont do that until everything is assembled.

Left shin is on our right

IMG_3740_zps84fdefd7.jpg

IMG_3741_zpsf11b6acd.jpg

here is the back. (left shin is our left)

IMG_3738_zpseb16a5cf.jpg

More updates coming soon...

Cheers fellas...

Was able to put it the split rivets and most of the other strapping on the torso part over the weekend...

IMG_3748_zpsf4728233.jpg

IMG_3747_zps5ca59608.jpg

IMG_3749_zps6d9ba51e.jpg

Looks like the torso it taking shape, gluing the white elastics to connect the back and chest

IMG_3750_zps19cad797.jpg

making some elastics and sewing on the sew on snaps for the shoulder bells..

IMG_3753_zps6a82caf5.jpg

Started gluing the biceps. turns out i needed to get more clamps and magnets.

IMG_3751_zps716a5a52.jpg

IMG_3752_zpsaea21681.jpg

I don't know how long it usually takes you to get these parts glued together, but i may wait a lot longer for mine. I'm using the almighty E6000 on this and i left it for a good 12 hours yesterday but didn't stick as well as i wanted to. Perhaps this is due to the shape of the two half's that are not really flushed with each other. Was wondering if any of you had the same problem before?

Edited by Rezablad3

While waiting for the glue to dry, i was able to do some initial trims on the smaller parts. i did run into a small problem after trimming the TD end caps, it seems that one fits perfectly on the TD but the other one is too small (don't have a picture of it right now but will post pictures later on),

IMG_3754_zpsabbe436c.jpg

Cheers...

Almost done with the torso, all assembled and just have to mount the ab button details and shoulder strap.

IMG_3761_zps85526cbf.jpg

IMG_3764_zpsc7626f65.jpg

IMG_3762_zps1236ed2c.jpg

IMG_3765_zpsa2e634eb.jpg

IMG_3759_zps721d99a8.jpg

IMG_3768_zpsbe71c97a.jpg

Cheers Folks...