Rezablad3's RS Props ANH TK build

Hello Folks,

Just like the tittle says, just got my RS props PVC kit yesterday and I'm eager to start. I plan on to build this kit as screen accurate as possible starting from head to toe. I have the hdpe helmet from a few months back, so that part is ready. Because of my height, I'm still not sure i will have this armor tailored to my size. I'm just not that comfortable trimming to much off the armor, that might make it look weird in the end. So i plan on building it the way its supposed to be, after then I'll strap everything on and see if its going to be possible to trim down to my size. So to sum up, this might end up being a display piece only.

Still a few more things i need to order to complete the armor such as accurate, belt, holster, hand guards, and boots (this will be probably the most difficult to find, well at least as close as we can be to the screen used one). I have just ordered the strapping system and will go out hunting for correct snaps and hooks in my local fabric store today. can anybody tell me what the correct size and kind of snap are used for the ab piece? (for attaching the belt) and the top right corner of the ab ? (to connect the kidney to the ab)

I will be starting this build on the torso part because i think it will be the most easiest to start with. I have read tons of wip threads and looked at many screen shots before i begin this, but the RS suit is so unique that there is no two same parts. I'm pretty confused on which part is which, left or right, especially on the shins, bicep and forearm. Even though some are labeled, i have read somewhere, that those labels are wrong. So i hope you guys with way more experience than me could help me out with this later on during the build (i will post pictures when ready to assemble the part). I probably will have tons and tons of questions during this build, and i will be taking my time with this just to make sure i do everything right the first time.

Do not have anything done for now, just some pictures of me unpacking these beautiful plastic pieces. I will start trimming the the excess plastic tonight..

IMG_3615_zps95342c95.jpg

Got my little helper with me...

IMG_3625_zps5af0eee7.jpg

IMG_3627_zps9c25d136.jpg

IMG_3630_zps860fc886.jpg

IMG_3639_zpsd4d633a8.jpg

IMG_3643_zps147bef4c.jpg

Little guy says " lets get this armor party started.........."

IMG_3654_zpsa59815fe.jpg

Stay tuned, more updated progress coming soon..

Cheers...

Edited by Rezablad3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch that right thigh....the outside half will be longer at both the top and the bottom. The bottom is hidden by the power pack but the top might need some attention if you so choose. Some leave it....I couldn't.001_zps20b18293.jpg Anyway, A lot of the finish strip ridges are not totally straight. Trace your cut lines with a straight edge. This is true on almost every clamshell piece. Watch for the front of the right bicep at the seam......the outside half will be considerable taller that  the inside. IT's supposed to be like that.

003_zps3e220489.jpgHere is the promo shot...look at the top of the right bicep1719_10152654807480284_595115936_n2_zps1Good luck and have fun!!

Thanks Steve, that really helps alot....

Im in the process of trimming the excess plastic on the torso pieces, can someone tell me the ideal length of the return edges on these pieces, i have them pretty large right now at 10mm. Since i dont have my brackets yet, i dont want to be trimming too much to the point i cant mount the brackets...

Thanks folks...

I was able to trim most of the top body parts today...

EC5E01F6-91CE-482D-9A31-A3ABDB793AFB-149

1123B1EA-D620-40A0-827F-6B77D4C41906-149

can anybody tell me if i paired up the bicep parts parts correctly?

d37d50e9-655d-4bb9-96f8-f007942655b9_zps

hopefully more to come tomorrow.... Thanks guys.. 

Edited by Rezablad3

Yes your biceps are paired up correctly. The shoulder bells seem a bit tall to me. You could probably stand to take a little off of those.

Thanks Steve, your guidance is greatly appreciated, thats what i thought about the shoulder bells as well, will trim a little more when i get home from work.

Keeping an eye on this one.

(Just started my own RS build)

:D

I was actually looking at your thread as well mate, i think you're off to a good start..good luck on your build.

I was actually looking at your thread as well mate, i think you're off to a good start..good luck on your build.

Cheers! :)

I've actually started trimming now. Slowly.

Just haven't had time to update my thread properly. Will do on Monday.

In the meantime: Consider yourself stalked. ;)

Keep up the good work! :)

10mm is too much of a return on arms, legs and most of the torso IMO. 5-7mm will be better for comfort, look and durability. I already have a few cracks in places that are due to returns being too big.

If you are using the original strapping brackets, the return will be about 12-14mm to allow for the screws to be set.

10mm is too much of a return on arms, legs and most of the torso IMO. 5-7mm will be better for comfort, look and durability. I already have a few cracks in places that are due to returns being too big.

If you are using the original strapping brackets, the return will be about 12-14mm to allow for the screws to be set.

That why i have it the way it is now. I will be using the original strapping brackets and i dont have them yet. So after they arrive, i will put them on and see how much more i can trim down. but i guess i can trim down more of the other parts that wont have any brackets. Thanks Francisco......

This is why i love FISD..... loads of help when you need 'em, thank again guys..... You Rock...

Haven't got much more done yet, but I've trimmed all the return edges to about 5mm except the torso where the brackets will be in place (those i left about 13mm).

IMG_3682_zps8ea6fc79.jpg

IMG_3678_zps3416afab.jpg

IMG_3680_zps4d79adc7.jpg

i also trimmed a little more off the shoulder bells, and i feel that its a better fit on my shoulders

IMG_3683_zps377a2bb0.jpg

IMG_3684_zps66a13c7f.jpg

IMG_3685_zps304b382a.jpg

What do you guys think?

Edited by Rezablad3

I also mocked up the biceps with painters tape, its a snug fit on my shoulders....here's what they look like at the moment.

IMG_3686_zps1634f15e.jpg

IMG_3687_zpseb945f3d.jpg

IMG_3688_zpsc6788a16.jpg

I found these sew on snaps and hooks for the shins. Was wondering if the hooks are the correct size, they seem kinda small, what do you think?

IMG_3689_zps558e7eef.jpg

Thanks guys.. more to come soon.. :salute:

Edited by Rezablad3

Thanks Guys, will take a little bit more off the return edge on the biceps....

i guess once you start trimming, its kinda hard to stop, so i went on trimming the excess plastic on the forearms, this is where i noticed something funky... I've been looking at a lot of RS builds and i think i paired these up correctly..

5438d508-1024-4610-819f-e31f229fb9b2_zps

So if i paired these up correctly, I've ran into my first problem..

IMG_3691_zpscb80b0f9.jpg

IMG_3692_zpsfc5a1a8d.jpg

I'm not sure if this is normal, if it is, then i will be trimming so much of the bottom on that inner forearm. Did you guys have yours like this? i know i haven't trimmed this to my size yet, but im sure that's not going to make a difference. And even if swap the outer forearm, it doesn't make any difference either...

Thanks guys..

Looks like what you need to trim os the strip edge along the piece, not only the ends.

Then, the forearms should have no return at all on the wrist end, so thatwill allow you to trim what you need of the inner pieces.

I am currently building my TM kit, not RS but basic idea is the same. Here is that specific part at this same moment... Not completely done, but hopefully will help with your build.

Saludos.

93075d9944d1710b4673c75c37773be4_zps4c8a

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Returns on the biceps look a bit thick. The hooks look like the right size.

How does it look now? 

IMG_3693_zps81a206cd.jpg

IMG_3694_zps553e1c15.jpg

:salute:

Edited by Rezablad3

Much better on the biceps. As for the forearms the pieces will align better once you trim the side edges that will butt together under the coverstrips. Best to start with the seam that is most visible and faces toward the front. Cut the sides to about 7-8mm from where there is a fold in the plastic. This will allow for a 15mm coverstrip to be glued over when those edges are butted together. As an aside, you can glue an inner strip to make the connection more durable.

Cut this front seam first, then tape the halves together by aligning the wrist end of the pieces. You will probably still have a big offset at the elbow, but that will be reduced when you cut the edges of the back seam.

Test fit the forearm and let the back edges overlap until you have a slim fit to your arm. This is somewhat of a comfort decision. Visually. You don't want too much space inside, but it doesn't need to be super tight. You aren't C-3PO. A finger or two width around seems to be the norm. Others chime in if you have better suggestions.

Looks like what you need to trim os the strip edge along the piece, not only the ends.

Then, the forearms should have no return at all on the wrist end, so thatwill allow you to trim what you need of the inner pieces.

I am currently building my TM kit, not RS but basic idea is the same. Here is that specific part at this same moment... Not completely done, but hopefully will help with your build.

Saludos.

93075d9944d1710b4673c75c37773be4_zps4c8a

Thanks Juan, I've been following your build closely. So your're saying i should pre-assemble the forearm to my size first, and when i have that done, i should trim the extra plastic, correct?

And i should be trimming off the bottom right? Not the top. I just want to make sure i do things right the first time, dont want to make any unnecessary mistakes... thanks again Juan, your build is going to be awesome, i cant wait to see the finished product..