My new DT build

alright I finally finished this sucker, I got a cheap pair of boots at Value Village and it was 50% off day, so I got it done in time for FanExpo 2014 and I had a blast, everyone loved this costume. A horror fan girl was all over me :) and Michael Rooker (Merle) from The Walking Dead shot a nerf gun at me and fellow DT Andy, I have not sent in my submission photos yet but I will soon... I covered the costume with moss, since it already had a yellowish greeny paint scheme, it now really looks like I died on the forested moon of Endor, and I was leaving a trail of moss all over the con... I got the nickname of SwampThing.

nGrNlg5.jpg

fWVPYtm.jpg

That moss is kind of cool.  Let us know if you are approved with it.  Awesome to be shot by Rooker fur sure.

• Like 1

thanks Guys, I have a couple fixes I need to do on it, that became apparent at FanExpo. I have also decided I am not going for approval, I will not be submitting it. Not armor to wear much at all, I mainly made it because I could, and it cost me well under $50 since the armor was a gift. Too cold for Zombiewalks, to fragile for Halloween and only wearable at select Conventions and in my area it is only FanExpo once a year. I had a great time in the armor, but I now have had my fun and will be retiring it

ok so, my GMO said he cannot approve it since it is EU it has to go to the LMO, so I submitted it to him, he got back to me that it is not up to him, it goes to my GMO, so I have now sent it to my GMO and I forwarded the whole email, so he can see it.

• 3 weeks later...

ok well my death trooper was declined, I went too far off the CRL and unless I strip off all the moss and repaint it all to closer to the CRL color scheme that will be the end of the road for it. it will remain unapproved until I choose to fix it, I knew that would happen and now I regret even trying for approval. I can understand but it is very disheartening when I see other DT's not conforming to the CRL exactly and they get approved. I do not have it in me to ever try to repaint it right now but later down the line maybe... maybe by the time I get around to it I might live in a different area under a different garrison...