RT-Mod Armor Build

It has been long since I received my big brown box from Rob, to be exact since November. Was just to busy with my last semester of school. Here I am now giving it a go! I hope you guys enjoy my build. So far it has been Great and relaxing. Can't wait to finish and get my TK ID number. Well till then...

RT-Mod helmet arrived done and it looks Awesome!

6C806B20-D068-41D7-A977-E4A8649B6F9D-746

Armor all laid out. Super overwhelmed at first, Now it take it all one step at a time  :smiley-sw013:

D5CEA140-8BC2-4988-8261-AB9047CA320B-336

Finished Thermal Detonator 

null_zpsccb486d1.jpg

After Leaving my Armor out of the box for awhile I decided to buy me a 50gallon Husky tool box to store my armor. Luckily for me it was only $40 dollars. Saved me $20 Dollars. Great Buy!

null_zpsad6296f3.jpg

Okay enough of all my Random stuff Just excited about the build and thought id add some stuff.

I first started with my Forearms but then decided mid way that I should work from top to bottom so I am working on my biceps right now. Currently Being glued. Sucky part is I need to wait 24hours each time I let them glue. 

I Know RT-Mod is built for Overlap method But I choose to butt joint it so I can add cover strips Looks more authentic and personally way Better! saves me the hassle if I would decide to do cover strip later on. 

null_zpsaa1e0efb.jpg

Trimmed my biceps each 8mm on each side so it would fit the 15mm cover strip, what i am doing here is sanding the ender joint so that E6000 easily adhere to both parts great. 

null_zps65e8f595.jpg

Got my inner shim, Earth Magnets, and my E6000 Ready for my first gluing! 

null_zps9f82656c.jpg

Finally took my first step in gluing one side of my biceps. Wanted to test out first if I had applied enough glue and if I was going to glue it correctly before doing both sides. 1 step at a time  :D

null_zps465e6948.jpg

After 24hour cure, I took off the earth magnets and clamps and for goodness sake It glued great! although I probably put a bit too much glue. You can't tell in the photo but theres excess glue coming from the seams luckily E6000 can come off just by rubbing it with your fingers and a little sanding works great too!  :duim: .

null_zps9d906851.jpg

Now before I add the coverstrip I wanted to to glue the other side of my bicep. Added the shim to make my butt joint stronger to both sides. 

null_zps65267d0a.jpg

Inner shim

null_zpseff107f3.jpg

Thank you all for the help through this past year and viewing other peoples builds, it has helped me really start my build off. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! More to come  ;)

I will be part of the 501st!

Edited by TrooperJesse

Honestly? lol I have only completed my forearms and next I will be working on my biceps. I posted a tip on JMM7375's thread about the issue with scraping hands when fitting the forearms, whether you're going Centurion or not I found it best to trim and sand the return edge down. Here is what mine looks like:

IMG_20130625_100611_zps11766a79.jpg

IMG_20130625_100619_zps55f4ed3c.jpg

IMG_20130625_100627_zpse2526f54.jpg

IMG_20130625_100649_zps888924c1.jpg

Good luck Jesse! It's looking good so far. And it's always good to see another RT-Mod suit assembled with cover strips. As for excess glue... Yeah, I had the same problem. I'll have some extra clean up on my build when it's finished.

Honestly? lol I have only completed my forearms and next I will be working on my biceps. I posted a tip on JMM7375's thread about the issue with scraping hands when fitting the forearms, whether you're going Centurion or not I found it best to trim and sand the return edge down. Here is what mine looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn those looks great man! Yeah the forearms at the wrist suck! It feels tight and it scrapes but easy fix like you did there.

Thanks everyone for the support. Feels great to hear it from you guys.

Looking great Jesse! I'm glad that even though RT has plenty of room for overlap that you've chosen to do the butt joins. (Just personal preference.) Also glad you introduced yourself at SCG. There are a bunch of us TKs, some pretty new and some still in the works, up in the LA/SFV area too, a little north of you but not too far, and we have one TK that I know of who is also in Whittier... plenty of people to ask for help, etc. We had an armor party last Saturday... there will be more! :D

null_zps503bda37.jpg

When I glued my shim I must have not placed the weight evenly because it is a bit slanted and this causes the coverstrip to have a small gap, was just wondering if this was okay or if I should sand it down? For now I am leaving this one a lone for the night. Will work on it during the day.

null_zpsb9a8a756.jpg

Sanding other side so I can get it ready for a coverstrip. Taped off the sides just incase I happened to sand something I did not want.. Always a precaution  :blink:

null_zps546340ce.jpg

First Coverstrip ON!  :duim:  exciting... Now to wait 24hours  :angry:  hahaha. 

null_zps77040b5c.jpg

Coverstrip had a smaller gap then the other side, Just decided to put some Painters tape to make it tighter so it could cure properly. 

Thats it for tonight. More tomorrow afternoon  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome just looked at your SCG hello and realized this is OUR Jesse! Looking good man! You've got a ton of local troopers to talk with. You'll have that TK number before you know it.

• 2 months later...

Awesome just looked at your SCG hello and realized this is OUR Jesse! Looking good man! You've got a ton of local troopers to talk with. You'll have that TK number before you know it.

So Awesome to see some of my local buddies here. Just noticed you guys posted on this and I did not realize it. Thanks man will be asking for more help soon. Gabe's secret party helped me start it more. Although its slowly, lol I am working on it.

Very nice work Jesse! You'll get there before you know it.

Thanks Echo means a lot to hear it. I hope so!

• 8 months later...

It has been a long time, Since I posted on here. Well I just wanted to say that I have all my armor glued together now and I will be working on the snap plates. Hopefully, the goal is to have it done by the 4th of July, or even sooner so I could get accepted into the 501st. Best of luck to me...

Looks good Jesse!

Waiting on shipping notification from a Rob right now, myself!

Good luck on your build's finish, and approval!

• 9 months later...