New NE build Tampa Fl

So first few questions already, lol.. About to make my first few cuts and just want double reassurance.

Are these two forearms paired up appropriately (right and left)? And on the right one has a sever over hand on the top (elbow side)... Is that accurate ? Does anyone have a NE build pic of finished forearms ?

Thanks for the direction everyone!!

Edited by Pencap510

Question: making my first cuts, and it feels like the opening on the wrist end is to big. I know the edges aren't cleaned up yet- still have some cutting to do. Any advice?

Edited by Pencap510

Made a little more progress this afternoon - made some size cuts to the biceps and think I have them where I want them- wanted to post before gluing on cover strips - also made the first step in the bucket- used E6000 to secure the dome to the back piece.

I hesitantly say I think all is going well

Now instead of continuing on- the wife wants sushi ;)

(Tried to post some pictures but I guess this thread is full? Weird since I've seen tons of threads that are peppered with pics )

With the pictures you use a site like photobucket to host pictures and link the pictures on your post. You click top right of pic on there, get links, and ots the one that says for use on foruma. That doesn't upload pictures to the forum and you won't have to worry about picture size.

Won't be getting any work done today, out of town thru Wednesday with work- but had a question about the chest piece -

I've seen a lot of good threads about how to strap it and snap it etc, but none really discuss how it should fit- how do ya tell it its to big- to small - needs trimming etc. mine feels and looks like its ok without any real substantial trimming... But that just can't be true lol... Open up duscussion----

Anyone in the riverview / Brandon area interested in getting together tomorrow for some work on any projects. I'm not that far into my tk build and would love some "expert eyes" lol. If so send me a PM maybe we can sync up-

Made some decent progress today, felt like it took forever, but finished up cover strips on the biceps and cleaned them up....then made preliminary cuts on the thighs. Got them secured together and will be adding front cover strips so I can size the backs soon-

Any feedback??

post-18700-0-67513200-1373235980_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pencap510

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures to post - but after attending an awesome armor party at Brent's on the 20th- I've got all of my trimming and assembly done (minus the bucket - saving that for grand finale lol). As soon as I get back from vaca I will be strapping and fitting - and uploading new pics. Build has been pretty smooth so far!!

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've got any substantial work done, but all of the pieces are trimmed to my size, and I've begun the fun snaop process for strapping..I should have this things wearable soon so I can begin painting etc..working on the helmet.

Oh yeah- also drilled out the teeth ;)

Edited by Pencap510

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fitting stage 1 - trying to get all the upper body stuff in place and work my way down. Question on the rivets on the sides- once cuts are made 1) how do you add the rivets to the sides and 2) do you recommend using those rivets/buttons to attach the kidney to the cod? Seems like that might make unnecessary stress on the created holes?

You can see the lines I've made to cut- if ya loom closely

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1395599841.626722.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1395599872.395659.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1395599879.414163.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fitting stage 1 - trying to get all the upper body stuff in place and work my way down. Question on the rivets on the sides- once cuts are made 1) how do you add the rivets to the sides and 2) do you recommend using those rivets/buttons to attach the kidney to the cod? Seems like that might make unnecessary stress on the created holes?

You can see the lines I've made to cut- if ya loom closely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Pencap510