LeMaxim's RS PVC ANH Stunt Build [*RS] (WIP)

Looking good :duim:

Keep the shoulder bells up tight to your shoulder straps. You can make it so they go inside your shoulder strap slightly and they will pull out a bit if you use the bicep hooks to hold the arms up.

I usually leave about an inch between the chest and back tabs over your shoulder, but it may be more or less in your case. You may find that the armour does not hang from your shoulders so this measurement is not crucial. Just make sure it does not choke you and go with whatever is comfortable.

Just ask if you are sure about any strapping and I will tell you the best way to go :)

For the bicep to forearms, mark half way across the inner forearm and glue your 2" strap to inside of this mark so your strap is more towards the front edge of the forearm. The front edge of the strap now wants to line up with the edge of the bicep joining strip. This should make the parts slightly off centre which is how they were done originally and will make bending your arms easier.

Excellent! Cheers Paul! :)

I'll make sure to vent my confusion here as it arises. It will surely arise.

Thank you again, for saving so many of us from some of the same brand of confusion at a later date!  ;)

Curing. Waiting. Mess. 

IMG_4936_zps00a384d1.jpg

I went with the all glue strapping and it seems to turn out well. Tonight I'll be able to suit up and hopefully get my application pictures ready. :)

Thank you Troopermaster and Locitus for the nudge in the glue-direction. 

I tugged hard at one of the finished straps to try and there's no way in Hoth they will come off unless deliberately wanting to get it off.

Stay tuned. :)

• Like 1

That is the good thing about E6000. It will hold really well but you can remove parts with a bit of force. And the bestthing it leave no marks where it was.

Glad to be able to help you out. I have said it time and time again, the original way of strapping the armour together is the best way and I am glad you decided to go for it.

So. Here it is. LeMaxim suit MK 1.0 :)

In hopes that I could get started on MK 1.1 I sent these below pictures in for approval. 

The glue and paint (for rivets and screws) had just dried and I got eager to join. 

(hence the late night-unshaven-look)

I still feel too wide in the torso-section but following the much repeated advice to not modify too much before you have had time to troop and get to know the ups and downs (and scrapes) of your suit I feel good about the current state. 

Anyway. MK 1.0. I hope it meets the standards to join. 

Front-Helmet-on_zpsc0279743.jpg

Right-down_zps4acfd596.jpg

Right-up_zpsf688cba4.jpg

Left-down_zpsd2af1d87.jpg

Left-up_zps17a6de56.jpg

Back_zps24bcb465.jpg

Front-Helmet-off_zps48fb4df6.jpg

It's been a long day. Time for bed. :)

Neat! Nice to see your build coming up so nicely. And I love your attention to details and measurements. Will recommend your thread to my friend at Sweden who is planning to buy an armour too :D

That's a brilliant job we have here! Congratulation!

The only things i would modify would be to:

- Bring your right biceps down a little bit

- On the thighs, you can cut the top of your back cover strips following the thigh line

...and that's all !

Just mind your gloves when you put them on, here both are badly tuck inside your forearms ;)

And now what about your blaster build  :P ?!? 

Looks very good!

The kidney/abdomen overlap on the right side could be reduced a bit, cause you can´t see the Han-snap, but that isn´t a no-go.

You´re almost there, will be an easy pass for Cent.

Long night, short sleep, long day and the jolt of anticipation with every new email.

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I still have some way to go before I feel comfortable about going for EIB and Centurion, but I'm eager to get started on that after I've been approved and have trooped at least once. There's a few events coming up in the coming month that I'm hoping to attend as a TK-proper. :)

Neat! Nice to see your build coming up so nicely. And I love your attention to details and measurements. Will recommend your thread to my friend at Sweden who is planning to buy an armour too  :D

Thank you! I'll be very happy if I can offer any help to a fellow builder. I'm far from an expert but I'm getting more and more comfortable as a builder. Where in Sweden is your friend located? If it's somewhere near me (Gothenburg) I'd be happy to share my experiences and thoughts in person. 

That's a brilliant job we have here! Congratulation!

The only things i would modify would be to:

- Bring your right biceps down a little bit

- On the thighs, you can cut the top of your back cover strips following the thigh line

...and that's all !

Just mind your gloves when you put them on, here both are badly tuck inside your forearms ;)

And now what about your blaster build  :P ?!? 

Yeah. It was late and I had all but suited down when I realised that the gloves had come out a bit. *facepalm* I was too tired and too eager to send my approval pics to get suited up again that same night. I'm hoping the approval committee will see past that. :)

Right bicep. Right you are.

Back of thighs. Right again. I just wanted to keep as much as possible of the "original build" to try out before trimming. I will most likely find that and many other areas pinching and in need of a good dremmel-down in a near future.

Blaster. Yes. Hopefully I'll continue with that this weekend. That's the plan. If there are nothing I need to fix on the armour for my basic approval I'll return the apartment to a more liveable state and head back to the workshop where I have my plaster parts impatiently waiting. Soon. Soon. 

(In the meantime I got myself a child proof extra. More on that later. ) 

The biceps look a little large on you. Might want to slim those down, but over all it looks great. :)

Thanks! Yes. I guess I'm not as muscular as I would want. I still have some room to grow in most directions in the armour. Biceps are one area. :) I tried to gently heat bend it a bit but I didn't dare to do too much to start with. I'm hoping this isn't a deal breaker for basic approval and I'll be happy to mod it for EIB and Centurion as soon as I have some "miles" in suit. 

I'm actually hoping to be able to pick your brain in general and in person on a not too distant event about how to take everything to the next level. 

+1 on Mathias's quote. Looks great, though!!!! Nice work

Cheers! I agree. I guess was still hoping that those extra papers I shuffle every day eventually will show. ;)

Looks very good!

The kidney/abdomen overlap on the right side could be reduced a bit, cause you can´t see the Han-snap, but that isn´t a no-go.

You´re almost there, will be an easy pass for Cent.

Thanks Man!

The Han-snap is there but I do have some extra room in the torso that folds it out of sight in normal use. I didn't dare to take more of the torso before trying it out for real. 

As soon as I've been cleared for basic approval I'll gear up again for EIB and Centurion. I still have a few things to take care of before that. Slimming down the biceps and the torso will most likely be on the top of that list. 

For the moment the armour, and myself, is kept in a state of hallowed anticipation as we await the "Game on!" call. ;)

Thanks again everyone. I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

Ps. 

It seems this forum really doesn't allow the numbers of smiles I would want to share now. Imagine how it would react to a post-approval posting. Maybe I should change my nick to SirSmilesALot. ;)

Absolutely stunning.... man i wish i was your height. you wear it perfectly..... it turned out awesome. A++++++ i cant to see it all finished up.

Thank you Reza! :) I'll try to wear it with dignity and make you proud. 

And as I was sipping my evening-tea, trying to unwind before bed, I got an email... 

Hello Imperial Citizen! 

Due to the work you have done for the Empire, along with your correspondence of your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML)  and the Legion Membership Officer, your application to join the 501st has been approved! 

Your new TKID is: 74210

:dancing-trooper:

TK-74210 reporting in! 

Yay!   :peace:

(Now I'll try to calm down, compose myself, and get some well earned and needed sleep.)