DarthBrute's ATA TKC Build

Ok, I have actually been at this point since about March. Had an F/X kit but bought a different helmet. Not sure of the maker but it's a great helmet. Sold the F/X and bought the ATA kit. Had a couple of friends come over and they helped me do a little of this build also. 

Did the trimming, ordered the boat trim as per Thalizar's instructions. Cut the trim and taped it to the armor. Did some more work with my buddy to get things trimmed a little better and got some things glued and or taped.Using plastic weld on the finishing strips. I may use the plastic weld on the trim as well. I did a test with some spare ABS and boat trim and it didn't dissolve so that's a good thing.

I haven't done anything else since. Things got really heavy at work and then I had surgery on my shoulder so I am currently at a standstill. Here are a couple of pictures:

:

Trimmed and some assembled parts

20130530_204620.jpg

Boat trim taped on

20130530_204647.jpg

A little closer detail shot of the boat trim

20130530_204657.jpg

As soon as I am able to actually lift my arm again, I will get back to it. I already have a friend that will be doing the painting for me!

Edited by DarthBrute

Looking good so far, just remember every little bit adds up in the end, take your time and do it right from the start. Good luck with the rest of your build

• 2 weeks later...

How long did you have to wait for your ATA armor kit? I read that it could be 8 months, which I think seems a bit too long. Still, it's the only affordable option for me to consider, and by the look of these pics, it looks easy enough to work with.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Revisiting the paint job! A friend is helping me out by doing the weathering. Since I don't have the artistic skills and don't feel like ruining $1000. lol Here is the helmet pic he sent me: https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=101841473479732427661&aid=5886544970936398577&id=6057477445933199314&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...