International Source for E11 Receiver body metal pipes

I'm in the progress of building my first E-11 to be used for my coming ANH Stunt. The build is based on Darth Voorhees Black Onyx Resin kit (FISD link) that I purchased by way of Dday (FISD link).

I wanted to find a more precise pipe for my build than the one I got with the kit so I started to hunt around armed with a calliper. 

From what I have read in threads here on FISD it's difficult to find 38/38.1 mm outer diameter (OD) pipes for many here as it is not a standard pipe everywhere. 

This made me extra happy about the fairly perfect pipe I found as it should be readily available in most countries at a fair price. I just wanted to share this in hope it may help someone out there. :)

I found a desk-leg at IKEA that had (more or less) the exact measurement of the Sterling receiver body. It's a steel pipe of 38 mm OD

(I've read that the exact measurment should be 38.1 mm but I think it's close enough and a coat of paint will surely add .1 mm)

The leg comes from IKEA (product name: Galant) and cost $10 / €10 / £5 / 50 SEK Link for US Webshop (http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/40057457/)

Anyway. Here's some pictures of the leg. It's a two part leg and it's the inner pipe that can be used for E11 builds.

th_IMG_2445_zps5247205b.jpg th_IMG_2446_zps9e9a75cd.jpg th_IMG_2447_zpseb74bb78.jpg

As it turns out some other parts can also be used in the build: Namely the "Joint seam" (grey plastic thingy that covers the transition between the two pipes) and the inner part of the feet.

th_IMG_2449_zpsacccfe0b.jpg th_IMG_2448_zps35e98c90.jpg

I used the joint as an end cap lug and the inner part of the feet for mounting the muzzle

th_IMG_2502_zps3be4c53b.jpg th_IMG_2506_zpsa1493806.jpg

In my build you can have a look at how I used the leg and parts for my build (build FISD link).

In a rough finished state the leg and parts maps out as below with the muzzle and end cap.

IMG_2511_zps70c50066.jpg

I hope this will help someone in search for a nice metal pipe for an E11 build. 

///LeMaxim (from Sweden with Love)

Holy cow, what are the chances you found an inner pipe of exactly the right size for this... impressive!

Edited by Dday

• 1 month later...