where do I get ROTJ mic tips????

• 1 month later...

Even the ANH ones are bigger as the replicas or the casts I think. Possibly the resin that was used has too much shrinkage or a bad silicon was used. If latex was used to make the cast that would be the worst becasue it has about 10 percent of shrinkage. But I agree Keith mics are the best to get.

Ā 

The mics on the Rotj might look bigger becasue the plastic of the helmet is thicker and the shape of the rotj is different also. For me the mics look the same on anh and rotj. The casts could be smaller.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hovi-Mix tips are fine for all ROTJ helmet versions, but most of the "hero" ROTJ helmets (the ones with the funny ears that sort of look melted) have larger mic tips which are metal and filled with white foam shavings.

Ā 

All background ROTJ helmets that have been found so far have Hovi-Mix tips.

Ā 

Keith.

So the white foam shavings are the nipple that you have in your current mic tips? I got a pair of them a while ago and was wondering why the nipple part is extended to the back of the tip? I never found a pic on which it was visible on a real helmet. That way the tips are coming more out of the holes. Can you make this clear Keith? :)

Ā 

Marcus

Ā 

Hovi-Mix tips are fine for all ROTJ helmet versions, but most of the "hero" ROTJ helmets (the ones with the funny ears that sort of look melted) have larger mic tips which are metal and filled with white foam shavings.

Ā 

All background ROTJ helmets that have been found so far have Hovi-Mix tips.

Ā 

Keith.

• 5 weeks later...
So the white foam shavings are the nipple that you have in your current mic tips? I got a pair of them a while ago and was wondering why the nipple part is extended to the back of the tip? I never found a pic on which it was visible on a real helmet. That way the tips are coming more out of the holes. Can you make this clear Keith? :)

Ā 

Marcus

Ā 

No, the nipple is not foam shavings. The nipple in the mic tips i make is the same as the nipple in the original hovi-mix tips. Its cast off an orignal nipple. I call them guts.

The part sticking out of the back does not make the mic tips stick out of the helmet any further. The outher body of the actual mic tip touches the helmet before the insert does.

Ā 

The white foam is in the larger ROTJ tips which the softer/most different from ANH, ROTJ helmets had.

Ā 

Keith.

Here's a picture of my background helmet's mic tips. They have a nipple inside as you can see. Keith's would perfect for a replica of these as his would be the same generation, ie second gen.

Ā 

Joe

Ā 

aaaaaaacomlinkmf2.jpg

If anyone else here would rather not have the insert with cast off original guts sticking out the back of the mic tip, just let me know. I can cast the insert/guts without having the part sticking out of the back and just have the back of the insert flush with the bottom of the mic tip body. It will even save resin, so i have no problem in making them that way.

Ā 

I know Vaj is not happy with them and has even asked me if he can recast my mic tips and start selling them

(The answer to that was no), but if there is anyone else who is not happy with them, you can send them back for a refund, as i have told Vaj.

Ā 

Again, if anyone else would rather NOT have the part that sticks out of the back on the mic tips, just let me know and i can make the insert flush with the base of the mic, no problem.

Ā 

BTW Vaj, the mic tips that you say a bigger than mine in one of your threads about mic tips, look to me like they have been pulled out of the mold too soon. I have done this myself and ended up with a larger mic tip that needs a larger mesh screen.

Ā 

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...