Balaclava - What do you use?

I was gathering my electronics and such and finally found my balaclava.  Unfortunately, it's definitely meant for cold weather sports.  I did initially buy it for skiing lol.  It's definitely not going to work....at all.

So I pose the question.  What balaclava do you use? 

On a side note, these caught my eye:

http://www.amazon.com/HeatGear-Tactical-Headwear-Under-Armour/dp/B004P8AE0O/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1370116562&sr=1-1

--or--

http://www.amazon.com/UKARMS-Lightweight-SWAT-Balaclava-Tactical/dp/B0093JBIQO/ref=pd_sbs_a_26

If it's black, it will work :P If you can find I think they call them insulated ones meant to actually keep you cool (no idea how that works) but those would definitely be ideal.. Unless of course you live somewhere really cold... Also, they are totally optional lots of people go for a mesh behind the teeth instead, some an actual mesh which isn't really accurate but works.. or you can also get some sort of black fabric such as an under armour type of thing and glue it behind the teeth essentially replicating the use of a balaclava

Edited by Palpatine1977

It's amazing what you sometimes forget you purchased.  I actually purchased one and a suit of compression armor last year for just this day.  It was hidden in one of those random boxes you sometimes collect stuff in, and it still had the tags on them lol.

It actually kept the sweat out of my face and eyes while I was doing an electronics/self suit up test today.   It worked great!  On a side note, it was not fun suiting by myself.  Lots of curse words were yelled lol.

Edited by SmilesLikeJoker

I use the UnderArmor one. Same as the first link. They also make a HeatGear one, that is thinner. I live in So Caifornia & it gets over 100' here in the summer. It is very comfortable to wear & now hot at all.

• 1 month later...

I've yet to do my first troop, but I own a black lycra hood that's used for diving. It's pretty comfortable to wear around with my helmet indoors, but I never yet had any reason to wear it for an extended period of time outdoors.

• 11 months later...

Necropost here, but I wanted to know for some of these balaclavas listed above...can they opened to expose the entire face??  If not...does anyone have any recommendations for one that will expose the entire face? 

Edited by TK2311

lately I have been using a Hoo-Rag, as most balaclava I have tried, keep slipping off my chin and pulling my mic to an unreachable/useable position.