My ATA Stunt TK build thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good but I would pull up your forearms just a little to close the gap between them and your biceps, could also drop your biceps slightly. Apart from that you are looking good :)

Very nice overall look !! You'll look perfect very soon  :duim:

Few remarks i can do:

- Shorten the elastic straps between forearms and biceps. If you don't have one i strongly encourage you to add one ! (look at Geaux Saint's build thread, he explained very well how to do it). The elastic strap reduces the elbow gap when your arms are at side , but when you bend the arm it stretches and the forearm slides down to allow you to bend the arm.

- Shorten both back/kidney straps

- I don't see any male pression on the top abdominal right corner

- Paint the side rivets in white. And the knee rivets too if they aren't.

- Add the two little elastics to maintain the shoulder bridges on the back

And that's all ! Most it are really easy fix and you will be ready to Centurion i think  ;)

Made some more adjustments. Left forearm slid down right before the picture... And bicep popped off right after the pics were done... Need a good bicep solution. This was a third attempt and still not happy with them...

image_zps7633b595.jpg

image_zpsb58d955c.jpg

image_zps0d0d38ef.jpg

image_zpsbb1197b9.jpg

image_zpscd024399.jpg

image_zps01ac7512.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

All approved and FINALLY a full fledged member of the fighting 501st Legion!!  Thanks everyone for all the tips and help.

Next week I start making some minor changes for Expert Infantry status! :)

So I started to fix the shims joining the ad and kidney plates. I wasn't happy with the way I did I it... So I took it all apart today and rebuilt it. Much better. Now the pieces are nice and flush.

null_zps91e721f5.jpg

null_zps4103114e.jpg

null_zpse9e21a56.jpg

null_zpsc158859f.jpg

Congrats on approval, nice to see you still wiling to improve, keep up the great work :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been making a few small changes before applying for Expert Infantry.  Which I've pretty much completed... except the blaster.  I have a Hasbro with the Doopy doo kit and debating whether to remove the extra t-bar as described in the CRL... or wondering if it would just be easier to build a whole new blaster.  Any thoughts?

While I ponder this, I finally set up my TK on my duct tape manequin I had built earlier in the year.  LOVE IT!  Nothing like a TK guarding my Star Wars collection :)  I do need to fix up the legs on the manequin... they're a little too short.

null_zps16fe2692.jpg

null_zps4fb04348.jpg

Looking good, I used my mannequin at fist but it took too long to get the armor on and off so I just keep it in my carry box now. Have a tusken on the mannequin now, creepy bugger he is.

On the blaster if you want to go centurion thne you would need another blaster as the Hasbro is not acceptable, but for EIB it is, really I would keep the Hasbro for trooping and just build another blaster and go all the way to centurion ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

The CRL is poorly worded leaving ambiguity on this matter. There was a recently discussion on this exact topic, but I cannot seem to dig it up at the moment. The Intent of the wording in the CRL is yes, after adding the Doopy bits, you would grind off the bottom t-track and add the holes.