Armor Mod for left knee?

I am building up my new TK.  Only took me 8 years...

I am running into an issue with my new calves.  I have assembled them to fit as they should.  They close up fine.  But when looking to add the sniper plate to the left knee, The plate either digs into my knee cap or I will have to sit it down really far making it over all look bad. 

I think the best option for me is to do a knee scoop on the top of the shin.  Basically I am thinking about removing plastic from the top of the shin and cover it with the sniper plate.  Is this something that is acceptable or is there another option that I am not aware of? 

don't be drastic. just put foam in the back of the thigh.

cutting the top of the shin would be a mistake.

also rotate the thighs outwards and pull them up as high as possible.  troopers in the films are tight like this.

photos will help.

to make it fit better the first step is to have high thighs, then as a last resort you can cut off some at the bottom of both shin parts.

most likely the position is wrong if it's hitting you kneecap!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Ill try to get some pics up after the weekend.  Ill be in Orlando for SWW.  The issue really to be clearer is not the knee plate, but my actual knee.  I have thick legs.  26 inch thighs and 17 inch calves.  I have big knees too.  About the size of a door knob.  The xrays were kinda funny to look at.  My actual knee protrudes a bit more than my shin armor.  I thought about heating the armor and streaching it, but Im affraid it will only warp the suit.  Im in no rush to be  TD just yet LOL.  My real issue is I dont have a ton of room front to back in the shin.  Sooo, My knee is in the way.  The thighs are not an issue at all.

When I test fitted the knee plate, placing it correctly, it digs into my actual knee.  Again the thighs are not an issue, this is body issue.  The first thing I am going to do is cut some from the bottom loweing the shin a bit more under the knee.  But I wanted to check if I cut from the top too behind where the knee plate will be if thats ok too. 

Ideally I just want to give my knee room enough to move and the knee plate to sit in the right place. 

again Ill try to get pictures up soon so I could explain it better visually

There is no room for padding.  I am building an NE suit.  The left to right is great.  But the front to back is not gonna have room for padding.

Pics up soon.  Just got in from SWW.