First Armor Buy RS Propmaster or T/MC armor

Hello all, 

I am still in my research phase on how I going to get started and I hope that I am posting in the right place.  The two sellers that are sticking out to me the most are the RS prop master and T/MC.  This is my first armor buy/ build so I am looking for a kit that is good for beginners, but still is a good quality armor.  Material wise I am looking to do the ABS and ANH armor build.  Are these to good choices ?  Know that the RS prop master comes from the UK is there a large shipping charge that might come with that as well ?

Thanks, 

Greg

Armor could be considered "easy" or "difficult" in terms of parts from the kit being mirrored. For example, some kits use identicle pieces, so you could skip a step of film research for that particular piece. Ultimately I belive difficulty is determined by how much work, time, and dedication you put into building it.

You certainly can bother with T/MC. It's good armor. RS Props is the absolute best for ANH style and it's worth it if you want to strive for ultimate in accuracy. You're also paying for that screen accuracy.

Edited by TrooperTim

I have the money so I think I am going to be going with the RS prop masters, however this leads to another question I know they sell other accessories to go with the suit as well, but do I just order the armor and get other parts else where ?

I bought a RS helmet and armor kit with the fully loaded strapping kit. It gives you essentially all you need to put the suit together... rivets, brackets, elastic etc. only thing you might need is a brass rivet for the crotch if you plan to build to centurion standards.

While they sell the other stuff, I opted to buy everything else through various vendors from these forums. Under suit I got from East Bay.

A garrison mate of mine bought the boots from RS and didn't have good things to say about them. TK-Boots have been the best option but their supply is pending arrangements with a new fabricator so it may be a few months before you can get them. However they still have some supply depending on your size, so contact them. E-11's are a whole other matter depending on if you want to build one, or have one that is lighter for trooping. Best thing there is to read as many posts as you can.

Edited by Echo

Thanks for the heads up and boots are a whole other issue for me as I have very small and narrow feet.  Do the Boots typically run big ? If so then I know I would probably need a size 6-7 (I wear a mens 9).

Just make sure you get a kit sized for your body. Some kits are designed for skinnier people. I'm a bit bigger, and went with the NE. We have 2 people in our garrison who have had to shift from T/MC to NE because it was a bit too snug.

I think folks were calling the NE kit the "linebacker" kit... for folks who are a bit huskier in the chest and midsection.  ;)

If you get a complete RS suit "fully loaded" and assembled by RS to your measurements, you are going to look like you stepped right off the movie screen.  You will not be disappointed if that is what you want.  You will most likely still have to trim for mobility and comfort and where the armor bites.

Edited by flerndip

I wear a 8.5 in shoes and got size 9 boots, they are a little big, but it's just enough room for some good insoles, and I could still use some thick socks.