Need help with ATA helmet

Are the gaps in between the faceplate and the brow supposed to be there? If not, how do I fix them.  I had carefully aligned the faceplate and cap 'n' back so there wouldn't be any gaps, but when I did that, the brow wouldn't be where I wanted it, or there would be too much space between on the seam of the faceplate and cap 'n' back.

post-18442-0-08715800-1368918356_thumb.jpg

post-18442-0-39875800-1368918390_thumb.jpg

Some do have gaps but to get rid of the gap you really need to bring the faceplate forward, or you could tilt the faceplate but then you would get a more highbrow look. If it was me I would bring the whole faceplate forward

Some do have gaps but to get rid of the gap you really need to bring the faceplate forward, or you could tilt the faceplate but then you would get a more highbrow look. If it was me I would bring the whole faceplate forward

Before I attached the two halves, I had tried to make it gap free, but when I did that, there was too much separation on the bottom of the seam.  Too much for the ear to cover up.  But I am glad to know that I didn't totally mess up  :smiley-sw013:  

Before I attached the two halves, I had tried to make it gap free, but when I did that, there was too much separation on the bottom of the seam.  Too much for the ear to cover up.  But I am glad to know that I didn't totally mess up  :smiley-sw013:  

There definitely shouldn't be too much for the ears to cover, in fact they should overlap ears or not.... you sure you didn't cut it too much? Do you have any pics of it unassembled?

Brandon, I tried to follow Pandatrooper's ATA lid build as closely as I could.  So all I did was cut as close to part that is all "wavy" as I could.  After looking at some other reference pictures, I don't mind the gaps.  

Gaps do help get cool air into your lid so I wouldn't worry too much if you are left with a small gap

Gaps do help get cool air into your lid so I wouldn't worry too much if you are left with a small gap

Awesome, now I don't feel like I screwed up to much on my first build. 

No not screwed up at all, when you look at the screen lids you will see all kinds of huge gaps lol. A little fresh air in the lid will help keep you cool and stop your visor from fogging up, definitely think of investing in a few fans too, makes all the difference :D

No not screwed up at all, when you look at the screen lids you will see all kinds of huge gaps lol. A little fresh air in the lid will help keep you cool and stop your visor from fogging up, definitely think of investing in a few fans too, makes all the difference :D

Okay, good  :peace: