Help with Painting Boots

Ok I have another thread here with my progress & failures. Can anyone help out with the preping of the boots before painting? I contacted the manufacture & they suggested cleaning the boot almost down to the bare leather. Or letting a dry time of 12hrs in between each coat. Neither is suggested on the instructions or mentioned here on the FISD. I removed all the paint from the boots. Im gonna run to Walmart to get some aceton & rub the boots down with that.

So can some of you that have painted your boots help me out. I'd really like to know how you pained your boots & what process did you do before painting. I used Melatonan Nu-Life Spray Paint & Nu-Life Color Prep.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

We dyed Kathy's Chelsea boots from black to white.  The secret is in the preparation before applying the white dye.  We used super strength Acetone nail varnish remover and a scourer to remove all traces of polish from the leather.  When this was done and the boots were completely matt we used the preparer that came with the Tarrago white dye.  We then used five coats of the white dye (allowing it to dry completely before reapplying the next coat).  She has trooped about 20 times in these boots with her TK and they are still going strong!   :)----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed