Broken Shoulder Strap (Plastic) (AP)

I've got a ANH AP kit I've had done since August last year and had my first failure, my plastic shoulder strap on my left side snapped clean at the chest, I've made temp fix but I'd like to replace it. Is anyone selling replacement AP parts? I've already emailed AP tonight, but I figured a post wouldn't hurt. 

Also, what do you do to prevent a break like this? how would you reinforce the straps?

Here is a picture of the break before any repair. 

gOTWhTm.jpg

In transport, I've got a soft duffle right now because of my car, can't find a tote small enough.

• 3 weeks later...

As a temporary fix, wrap the break in white duct tape. Suprisingly enough, very few people will notice and it'll hold together until you can get a replacement. A garrison mate of mine has been trooping with this "temporary" fix for a couple of years now, and only a few people - all of them being fellow garrison members and/or handlers who help her get in and out of her kit - have even noticed.

This seems like an AP epidemic :) An outpost mate had the same thing happen. Others have posted about this too of late. 

I thought maybe epoxying some light fiberglass cloth.... or even actual cloth... on the underside of the should bridge would help keep it solid. But then again I thought of it because I have access to lots of epoxy and glass. 

-Eric

It's possible you should resend your email to mark, I did and he replied right away because my belt snapped in half :( He shipped it today though :)

My shoulder strap snapped too. I'm not sure of the maker of my armor, but I know it's styrene. Where can I get replacement straps? I don't care what maker it is.

Email ATA he sells his sets for 12$? If I recall. 

AP did get back to me, just waiting to get the straps in order.