Slave1138 NE Build W.I.P.

Finally got the box!IMG_20130508_072411_613_zps5e20c03b.jpgIMG_20130507_161544_266_zpsb721c783.jpgI havent got alot of time so far, I work the weekend and I'm off to Vegas for a week. I figured I had to start somewhere, How does the placement on the Detonator look?  P.S. I'm still trying to figure out this photobucket thing,cant figure how to type above each photo.IMG_20130508_082343_076_zps9a4c978a.jpg

I have no order of how I'm going about this, Im just gonna do what feels right, Im guessin I will do the bucket somewhere in the middle of things. I'm working on forearm now and will post before my trip. I may or maynot glue/screw before asking opinions. I want this to be "perfect" or close to so harsh criticism is welcome. I have the resources so between you and my OCD this build should be awesome...I hope

Welcome to the glory that is armor building!!! As for the Detonator, the total length should be around 7 3/8 - 7 1/2 inches. Your metal clips are too close to center. They should come pretty close to touching the outer caps.BTS31_zps6a9e503c.jpg

Thanks! The detonator is at 7 1/2 right now. I thought maybe the control was cut short but thats the way it was in the kit so I didnt have the option to cut it myself. I will move out the clips more like the pic.

Just another suggestion for the future. Before you start wearing your armor for troops, put a couple strips of velcro (the fuzzy side) on the outside of your metal clips. This will prevent your armor from becoming all scratched up as it gets crammed between your belt and the armor. Look at the screen grab at how the armor is marred up.

Edited by gazmosis

Sounds like fuzzy velcro is gonna be a good friend, Ive also heard about using it to cover rivets,etc on the inside of the armor.

Yes, the soft fuzzy stuff works great to cover sharp or rough spots to keep from tearing up your undersuit and skin.

Great job on your TD!

Edited by SolderMaster

Well I havent been a speed demon but Ive made my first cuts on the forearms,this pic dont show much but I took care of some return edge and need some fine sanding but on the front Ive left 8mm on each side and made my coverstrip 15mm wide and I will adjust to size on the back half,Im getting ready to glue 1 half of the coverstrip at a time, Now my edges match up pretty good but to be clear I want my coverstrips the length of the shorter half,right?IMG_20130510_245348_591_zps462748ef.jpg

I'm workin on NE also. From what I've seen (here and w/ my kit), attaching the back to the top is as easy as matching the grooves, and from there you can treat it was the majority 2-piece helms. Although I"m leaving this for last :0