OW's NE build: ANH Stunt

Congrats NE brother. Almost finished with my bucket... then just the E-11 to go. I may even post some pictures by the time I'm finished with my NE build. Your thread has been fun to follow, cheers Obey Wann.

Edited by GunsDKP

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys!

Ā 

I still have a couple of things that I will tweak to make it better. I'm also desparately trying to lose weight, so that it fits better in the ab/cod. New bells are shipping now, and I'll trim a bit for mobility this weekend. But it's nice to have another costume on the books, and to be out trooping in it.

Ā 

Ā 

Heh, at this last troop (pictured above), I got my wife into my X-Wing pilot costume --her first time in any SW costume after 11+ years of doing this stuff witht he RL and 501st. 5 minutes into the troop, she tells me, "you guys get all the love." (After a gaggle of squeeing, giggling teenage girls came up for hugs and pictures with me as a TK.) Luckily, she had fun, and is willing to troop in the X-Wing (or IN) if we have a troop that is really short on people. It'sĀ a start. :) It's also a good thing that she doesn't know about the "Chicks Dig Armor" thread, eh?Ā  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Last week,Ā I got in a new set of untrimmed shoulder bells and added them. Unfortunately, I still seem to be having the same problem: It seems like they are too small for my build. No matter what way I set up the straps, they seem to slip off my shoulders. They are not symmertrical, and are very narrow. I'm somewhat leary of heat gunning them to open them up. I'm even considering getting some FX untrimmed bells.

Ā 

Thoughts?

Ā 

Also, any recommendations to keep the knee plate from slipping in under the thigh plate? Add foam into the calf (if there is room?)

Ā 

(Yes, I'm aware that my bicep is upside down, it slipped off due to a velcro failure and in my haste to get it back on, I got it upside down. I will replace the velcro connection with a snap.)

Ā 

1011312_10201542343549007_53458590_n.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1044532_10201542346789088_897050976_n.jp

Ā 

1003829_10151747461172594_2097858599_n.j

Ā 

10177_10201535392055224_1926101332_n.jpg

Edited by Obey Wann

From one of the pictures it looks like you have a decent bit of extra room in the bicep?Ā  Maybe I am wrong, please let me know!Ā  If you do have the extra room maybe take the biceps apart and take some excess off of them.Ā  I believe that will bring the outside of the bicep closer in and allow the shoulder bell to come closer to your body and shortening the strap the shoulder bell is connected to.Ā  It seems like the bicep is what is keeping it out there partly.

Ā 

If no excess room in the bicep just shorten the strap to the bell?Ā  That would bring it up more and cause the bottom of the bell to level out and sit closer to the body and more flush with the bicep.Ā  You probably already tried that I assume.Ā  Just giving my 2 cents worth haha.

I appreciate it, but unfortunately, the bells pop off my shoulders whether or not I have the biceps on. I don't have much room in the biceps... I'm not huge by any stretch of the imagination (ok, except at the belly.Ā  ;) ), but I don't think I have room to snug down the bicep armor at all.

Ā 

These bells are just narrow. Or too narrow for me.

• 2 months later...

I finally solved my bell problems. I got a set of FX bells. Problem Solved. :D Ā I also added a double snap on the strap going to them, so they stay on solid.

Ā 

I think the bells look much more proportional:

Ā 

1235454_10151939776491833_369091103_n.jp

Ā 

1235988_10151939776421833_836825066_n.jp

Ā 

1185581_10151939776316833_894823607_n.jp

Ā 

1239391_10151566609066455_413272462_n.jp

Ā 

And it looks proportional to the other TKs in my area, so I am much happier with this arrangement:

Ā 

1175718_708326525848554_318293985_n.jpg

I don't think the bicep is too big... it is snug when I bend my arms but doesn't bite. I'm thinking I may have trimmed my forearms too short, based on some pics.... but it lets me move my arms and take my bucket off.

Ā 

Ā 

Nice pics. man. Im jealous, you got to take pics. by an x-wing fighter. How, where, when ? :P:D:duim:

Ā 

We are fortunate in Denver to the the proud caretakers of the Lucasfilm 3/4 scale X-Wing. Members of the rocky Mountain fan force, Mountain Base RL and Mountain Garrison 501st help maintain it at the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Aurora, CO. www.wingsmuseum.org

Ā 

They do an open cockpit there on the 2nd Saturday of every month where they let people into the cockpits of the other aircraft, and we troop the X-Wing in costume. It rocks. Ā  :D If you want to sit in the cockpit, you need to come here on May the Fourth. We do a big event, and let the public sit in the X-Wing.Ā 

Ā 

ED: Also, I got replacement larger ears in on Saturday. I will take pics and a before/after once we get them done.

Edited by Obey Wann