Samurai's NE Armor Build

Ah yes, another NE build! 

Good morning! My name is Adam, from Orange,CA. I was lucky enough to get my NE Armor from Mr. TupperwareTK the day after they shipped. I've slowly been buying little pieces here and there since this weekend and now just gotta wait for the right tools to come in so I can begin. I will have everything I need to build it come this weekend. 

This build thread will be VERY detailed and photo heavy. I know not all armor is the same. This is NE armor and little differences here and there from the other makers. I will be posting photos of every cut and sanding I do so that other noobs like myself know why glue is placed here, or why a rivet goes there, etc. 

As I learn myself on my first armor build, I hope I can find out and explain these question's as well as ask questions myself so we can finally have THEE ULTIMATE BUILD THREAD. (Or at least for NE armor ha :duim: )

Cheers!

Adam

</end rant>

As all build threads must start off! The big box of awesome! **I will have better (canon t2i) shots this weekend of the complete armor unwrapped and ready for trimming and assembly**

armor1_zps01a3350e.jpg

armor2_zps52621cc3.jpg

Comes with mic tips too! 

armor3_zps8bc36355.jpg

Edited by silentsamurai

I really interested in the helmet build myself! Lots of pics and be honest with all you find, hoping that maybe someone close to you has an RS kit to do the final comparison since its claimed to be recast from them.

Good luck!

I really interested in the helmet build myself! Lots of pics and be honest with all you find, hoping that maybe someone close to you has an RS kit to do the final comparison since its claimed to be recast from them.

Good luck!

Hey deadpool,

Honesty is all I know :) Since this is a new run (the NE kit) I'll most likely be doing the helmet myself since not too many builds on here. As for the RS when I meet some locals I will def do some side by sides. 

Cheers,

Adam

I'm near you Adam. My lid is an RS. I've been doing a series of photographs of the RS KIT. Before and after. I would love to photograph your helmet in the same way for comparison. So when you are done with it maybe we could find an afternoon to do side by sides to share with everyone. We could do the same for the armor.

I'm near you Adam. My lid is an RS. I've been doing a series of photographs of the RS KIT. Before and after. I would love to photograph your helmet in the same way for comparison. So when you are done with it maybe we could find an afternoon to do side by sides to share with everyone. We could do the same for the armor.

That sounds good sir! I would like to at least get my helmet in one piece by this weekend, as for paint, not sure. I'll keep ya posted.

Finish up your seams with silver duct tape and stand on Hollywood blvd working for tips for 48hrs.  Then you are a shoe in for approval  :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by Echo
  • Like 1

May I ask, on the butt, and cod, are there mold lines where to cut?

There is little to no trimming needed on almost 60% of this kit, but no, there are no lines anywhere on this kit on where to cut. Even on the ear pieces for the helmet it's straight ABS with no trim line. I will get into detail about that when I start putting it together, but yea no lines to guide you unfortunately. 

Edited by silentsamurai

• 5 weeks later...

I figured I would post this now since i saw two other NE builds that stuck out when it came to the helmet. This is all I have done now so I will post more once finished. 

This is a 3 piece helmet that has this ridge above the ear pieces that holds the top cap to the back wrap. 

If you do not cut the front face part of your mark forward enough you will have a few Centimeter gap that none of the other kits helmets have, nor is it screen accurate. (but im sure it'll pass. 

For example:

Here is saturnGypsy's:

null_zpsffb5b63c.jpg

and here is Obey Wann's:

8640_10201298216165975_1563325583_n.jpg

I was able to attend an armor party with the Socal guys yesterday and looking at all their helmets, they dont have this gap, so this is what I did:

here is that ridge...it's huge! 

image_zps6bfefa51.jpg

image_zps5bfd0df9.jpg

Here is that gap after both ear sides are cut:

image_zpsf11ac5a5.jpg

image_zps627b20d3.jpg

to remedy this I cut about this much off the back side of the front face piece:

image_zps058364ff.jpg

So now once you drill, it will be flush:

image_zpsab127afe.jpg

image_zps1982fcb7.jpg

image_zps05077cb6.jpg

FOR SOMEONE JUST STARTING THEIR N.E. HELMET BUILD. ****DO NOT START CUTTING UNTIL YOU GLUE THE TOP TO THE BACK WRAP. LET IT SIT WITH 3-6000 FOR 24 HOURS THEN START CUTTING THE SIDES AND FACE.***

most photo's and helmets i've seen in person the ear piece is even with the back of the top vent on the helmet, so if you're asking why i made that line there, I pencil'd the outside end of the ear, and will trim slightly inward after cutting it so the earpiece will hide it. 

image_zps6bfefa51.jpg