My NE Build Thread

Hi Jeffrey, haven't herd anything from you for a while, how is the build going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jeffrey, haven't herd anything from you for a while, how is the build going?

Hello. Nothing new to report really. Working out a time when a friend who has done it before can come over to help me with the strapping.

Hey Jeff, helmet looks sweet. I have one thing to mention, I see you have what looks like four teeth cut out on the side you can see clearly, this is what you commonly see on the stunt version of the helmet, you also have the bubble lenses fitted, which are seen on the Hero helmet version. When you submit for approval I think you will need to change the lenses out to the flat lens if it is the stunt variant you are building. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hey Jeff, helmet looks sweet. I have one thing to mention, I see you have what looks like four teeth cut out on the side you can see clearly, this is what you commonly see on the stunt version of the helmet, you also have the bubble lenses fitted, which are seen on the Hero helmet version. When you submit for approval I think you will need to change the lenses out to the flat lens if it is the stunt variant you are building. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Yeah I know.  I just really hate the flat lenses. I know it's more accurate, but it looks better with bubble lenses.  But I was planning on swapping those out anyway for smoke lenses.  Maybe I'll make it interchangeable.  Or I'll get a second helmet. 

Edited by SaturnGypsy

Agree with you, I like the bubble look as well. It would be good if you can make them interchangeable for approvals, then put the bubbles back in

Well done! Unless it is a ROTJ suit or ANH hero, the lenses must be flat. Nice lid. Can't wait yo see pics of the rest!

Thanks. It's not perfect but I think it's okay for now. I want to redo one of the ears at some point that I kind of mangled.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay it's been a while. I've been working on my Vader mostly. But I'm in a holding pattern waiting on my cape and robes. So I've gone back and done some more work on my TK. Did some trimming and strapping work. Tried it all on tonight. Please keep in mind, I haven't quite figured out how to put this all on by myself. And taking photos of myself with the gloves and helmet on is really difficult!

876E702E-E6FF-4FCF-9671-0B9B0A9CDC7E_zps

3BB0DFD0-CCAD-4DFE-AE3A-741447147FD0_zps

47698AD7-4FF4-454A-BF13-5E586B163A79_zps

Edited by SaturnGypsy

My calf with the knee plate keeps rotating. Not sure how to make it stop. Need to add a strap to keep the chest in place on top of the abs. Also need to connect the biceps better. They are just kind of hanging now.

Edited by SaturnGypsy

My calf with the knee plate keeps rotating. Not sure how to make it stop. Need to add a strap to keep the chest in place on top of the abs. Also need to connect the biceps better. They are just kind of hanging now.

For my shins, I put a strip of velcro on the front of my boot, and the other strap inside the shin where it fits over the boot.  Keeps the shins in the right place all the time and no velcro noise.

Bicep hooks to hook over the black strap that goes around the bottom of the shoulder armor will keep the biceps in place.  I'm not sure if you have a strap that connects the forearm to the bicep, but that helps out as well.

I would certainly look into getting the chest plate lowered a bit and the ab plate raised a bit, which will give a nice overlap to the chest / ab in the front.  Then strapping to hold it in place.

Edited by maxsteele

Going to add a strap to connect the chest to the ab. There's no way the ab can be raised. It's as high as it will go. But I think with a small elastic strap it will keep it right in place.

I have the bicep hook in place. But I feel like it's still moving around a little more than I would like. It is connected to the forearm.