speakers in hovi tips

Guest gootch138

I haven't encountered a trooper that has that system yet. Most folks have an external amp, like an Aker, mounted in their chest piece.

An internal helmet speaker system is something I am working on though. I took apart a toy mic (T-pain mic) and I'm planning on rigging it someway into my helmet. I noticed that the speaker does need some sort of enclosure in order to have a loud enough sound. There's a thread some where around here from someone has a "speaker helmet". I think they used plastic toy eggs as the speaker enclosures.

A garrison bro switched to hovi speakers and I must say it sounds okay, could understand him and he didn't get any feedback issues for what I noticed. However in crowds and noisy environment he wasn't loud enough. Had to kiss him, almost ^^. Some situations such as saying something to a group with helmets on their head or yelling kids around require a bit larger equipment.

I posted the cricket because I think hovie speakers sound like jimmy cricket.

it's a lot more fun to use the aker and icomm setup!~

PTT is my way to go.

One of my garrison mates did and it came out fantastic. He used a RomFx board and some blue tac to cancel out the feedback. So, it can be done at least, though the wiring was pretty tough.

• 4 weeks later...