Sound off Troopers

Kessel Run

Ok so where do you stand? You guys working on armor, how goes the build? To our 501st Stormtroopers if you are planing to submitt EIB, Whats left? What do you need? and to our EI"s if you are planning on submitting for Centurion, What do you have left to do? 

Let us know maybe we can help even if it's just some encouragement, or get you pointed in the right direction. Troopers helping troopers is what we are all about! How can we help?

Started a rebuild last week. It's going well and I'm about to update with the tales of the maiden voyage and pics of the finished rebuild:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23732-rt-mod-rebuild/#entry298841

Also I just sent in my application to the 501st tonight!

WooHOO!

I'm waiting for Mark at AP to finish trimming my ANH TK so he can send it off to my. I have been in the process of purchasing other thing such as my boot, compression top and bottoms, building my E-11 blaster and other mics. things while I patiently wait for my armor.

Started a rebuild last week. It's going well and I'm about to update with the tales of the maiden voyage and pics of the finished rebuild:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23732-rt-mod-rebuild/#entry298841

Also I just sent in my application to the 501st tonight!

WooHOO!

Your Build Looks Good! Now we wait for the approval letter and your new TK ID Keep us posted Great Job!

I'm about to put in my order with Mark from authenticprops for my ANH Stormtrooper kit. Its been a long road to get too this point... lol

Congratulatons for Taking that first step! you have anything your working on Till brown box day? we have a Great community here that can help with most anything.

I'm waiting for Mark at AP to finish trimming my ANH TK so he can send it off to my. I have been in the process of purchasing other thing such as my boot, compression top and bottoms, building my E-11 blaster and other mics. things while I patiently wait for my armor.

Sounds like you are on the right track, Waiting is the hardest part of this hobby but once you get kitted up and walk out in public as a TK it will all be worth it. Dont forget to start a build thread once the big brown box gets there and remember we love pictures!

over all I would say you guys are right where you need to be. Never be afraid to talk about things or ask questions thats what we are here for. Keep it coming Troops!

I'm about to put in my order with Mark from authenticprops for my ANH Stormtrooper kit. Its been a long road to get too this point... lol

That's about the boat I'm in. I've got a E-11 kit on order from DVH as a first project and I picked up a Hasbro DL-44 toy to build into a Power-5. Once T/MC is taking orders again I'll probably order one of those kits. I like ATA too but the waitlist is long, and I'd rather work in the summer where I can use E6000 outside instead of the sealed-up house. I've got my boots and some tools already on hand.

I'm already Centurion but still making tweaks and upgrades, installing the "better" rivets, etc. - and maybe I can remove my side shims now!!! It never ends. I definitely need a good long day of polishing.

90% done with the ATA bucket, and about a 5 month wait on the armor! TKboots purchased and in-hand, now starting to research E-11 blaster options.  I'm having a heck of a time getting the 'S' trim on the helmet to stay on.  Using the bigger slot on the trim, does the 'S' go in toward the helmet or out?  It fits a bit better with the 'S' going outside the helmet.  I've seen photos showing both ways, I'm just not sure if one way is correct, or if it even matters. Definitely going to use silicone glue to lock it down!  Thanks troopers!

36951467-3b55-4a72-856f-1a6b6846e05e_zps

90% done with the ATA bucket, and about a 5 month wait on the armor! TKboots purchased and in-hand, now starting to research E-11 blaster options.  I'm having a heck of a time getting the 'S' trim on the helmet to stay on.  Using the bigger slot on the trim, does the 'S' go in toward the helmet or out?  It fits a bit better with the 'S' going outside the helmet.  I've seen photos showing both ways, I'm just not sure if one way is correct, or if it even matters. Definitely going to use silicone glue to lock it down!  Thanks troopers!

Check out this thread see if it helps http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22532-adhesive-for-s-neck-trim/?hl=+trim

I'm cruising along in my new AP and loving it. I 'm going to rebuild my shins though and should be clear to submit for EIB... I had a Boba build kind of take over for the past couple months...

Oh and I need a new banner photo! Hmmm maybe a bigger sandwich this time....

I'm already Centurion but still making tweaks and upgrades, installing the "better" rivets, etc. - and maybe I can remove my side shims now!!! It never ends. I definitely need a good long day of polishing.

I will PM you about rivets lol

That's about the boat I'm in. I've got a E-11 kit on order from DVH as a first project and I picked up a Hasbro DL-44 toy to build into a Power-5. Once T/MC is taking orders again I'll probably order one of those kits. I like ATA too but the waitlist is long, and I'd rather work in the summer where I can use E6000 outside instead of the sealed-up house. I've got my boots and some tools already on hand.

Blasters are a great way to start. check out this thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20496-hasbro-e-11-conversion/  lots of good stuff in the Weapons section!

I'm cruising along in my new AP and loving it. I 'm going to rebuild my shins though and should be clear to submit for EIB... I had a Boba build kind of take over for the past couple months...

Oh and I need a new banner photo! Hmmm maybe a bigger sandwich this time....

Nice! Cant wait to see your EIB submission. I trooped with a Boba bout a week ago, got me thinkin I need one of those buckets. gotta admit Boba is cool.

right now i do not have any plans on going centurion since doing so i would have to replace a good portion of my suit, but as always modding it to fit a bit better to eliminate the armor bites & mobility.

right now i do not have any plans on going centurion since doing so i would have to replace a good portion of my suit, but as always modding it to fit a bit better to eliminate the armor bites & mobility.

those are a huge concern for me too lol my armor bites me good sometimes, had to walk down 2 flights of stairs at my last troop I made it but I had to have a TB hold my hand lol I couldnt see well enough so they were like "ok ok 4 more..STEP!" good times.

I've been having some trouble staying motivated to build my armor. It's old FX stuff, and the guy I got it from really didn't know what he was doing. There are layers and layers of old, nasty glue - both still somewhat sticky and hardened to rock-solid. It's really disheartening, but I'm gonna be really getting to it soon; I really want it done. 

I've been having some trouble staying motivated to build my armor. It's old FX stuff, and the guy I got it from really didn't know what he was doing. There are layers and layers of old, nasty glue - both still somewhat sticky and hardened to rock-solid. It's really disheartening, but I'm gonna be really getting to it soon; I really want it done. 

I was in the same boat when I got my first FX hand me down. Lots of goo gone and scraping and cleaning in front of the TV. Filling in holes from old snaps. All sorts of mess. The payoff was great though when I finally got out and trooping with it. 

I haven't had any armor bites as yet, either it is my frame or the way I build my armor, trooped twice and onto my third this weekend.

I wouldn't say I ruined my first kit.....but I ruined my first kit lol.  I trimmed it way way too much.  Luckily, I got the kit second hand at a discount so I wasn't worried about that.

Over the past two years, I've managed to acquire all I need and then some.  Since my first kit was, more or less, a test, I've placed my order with RS with it already put together according to my measurements.  I'm just waiting for my armor.  It should be here shortly. 

I foresee some adjustments, but nothing major.  I was measured twice so maybe I'll be ok.  Once done, I'll be able to switch out between TK and TK-HWT at a moments notice.  On a side note, I'm going to get my Sterling up to par (definitely something I can handle I think) and I'm on the list for Woodchuck to build me something....special :).  I still haven't decided if I actually want to troop with the Sterling or not because of the weight.  It has quite a bit of it.

What have I been doing for two years other than spending money?  Handling when I can.  As they say here, any handler is always welcome.  "Shut up and drink this water!"

Edited by SmilesLikeJoker

Mine gets me between the forearm and bicep, I dont notice till I take it off and see my arms lol

I get it every once in while where the thighs meet at the top of the thigh pieces. Thinking about sewing into the undersuit those pads they have on equestrian pants...

All I have left to do to apply for Centurion is the shoulder strap afixation. I can't use the ANH white elastic to hold them down in the back, I need velcro. And then of course pics for the Centurion request.

What keeps me from finishing this small step ?

A Phase2 Animated Commander Cody build, probably the first one in the 501st, that I want to finish until Roleplay Convention in June, a RS Props TK bucket I need to build and a friend's TM kit I help trimming and building.

Child labour seems to be the only solution