Did you know that FX is a recaster!

ABS80

Here are the facts of the FX armor origins.

Back in 1997 D aka "Wookie Cantina" a online SW collectible store now known as FX actually recasted GF(Gerardo Follano) who was the original creator of what is commonly known as FX armor, D was buying armors from GF and reselling at good profit, unfortunately like most recasters D became very greedy and recasted GF's kit and had them mass produced in Mexico for dirt darn cheap, he sold thousands worldwide, basically GF never got credit for it, D denying he had recasted GFs work but was caught first hand, GF being from CANADA used a canadian dime to make the round center button details on the belt which appeared on all the FX suit recasts D sold, you could clearly see Queens Elizabeth face and dime detail from inside the belt part, so the fact is that Gerardo Follano was the original creator of the FX style armor which is known worldwide and worn by thousands of troopers, and between all this FX scam is when TE (trooper experts) came in contact with GF, they struck a deal and gave GF full authorization to produce ANH style armor from TE molds and history was made, IMHO GF, TE , GINO are the pioneers of the fan made suits and the main reason of the accurate armors we have available today. This thread should be a stick which is part of fan made trooper history.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/imperialfanGF.htm

Mark (AP)

Edited by Locitus
Removed name per request.
  • Like 1

I have to disagree. Marco and FX are very similar. I will agree that FX is a recast of GF but GF is a recast of Marco (albeit changed slightly).

changed slightly!!!  don't knwo but helmet looks way different to me, also Marco legs are very tubular looking and a robot like chest. 

Mark

Edited by ABS80

• 2 weeks later...

Which makes it so funny to me how the FX is still eligible for 501st approval whilst the Marco isn't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Which makes it so funny to me how the FX is still eligible for 501st approval whilst the Marco isn't. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Don't mind the FX armor so much, but that helmet is godaweful.

Makes me cringe when I see troop photos of Good lids then BAM there is an FX lid photobombing in the background.

I know there are some people that simply wont give up the ol FX bucket, but man that thing looks worse all the time.

Edit:

I can see why this would be of interest, as we should all care where the hobby started and how it evolved.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Didn't I hear that the new FX (NE  "No Excuses") armor is recasted RS Props??

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=5766

No. NE is very accurate  and as such will get comparisons, but it is larger in overall scale and could not have been recast. If it was recast then why did the go with the three piece helmet again? The length and size of the legs and arms, chest and back make it clear. I have observed them side by side and it is in no way a recast.

I don't you have any idea what you are saying. It's blatently obvious that the majority of the NE armour is recast from RS. Just because they made changes to the helmet cap so they can form it on a shallow machine doesn't mean it's not recast. If you cannot see the similarity then there is no hope for you. I cannot wait for someone to do a comparison between the NE and RS and you will eat your words!

. I cannot wait for someone to do a comparison between the NE and RS and you will eat your words!

I would like to see the comparison myself. As a new guy waiting on an order from ATA, I read a lot of build threads trying to get as much info as possible to "get it right". I have stood next to AP,ATA and FX kits and seen the difference right away. Have not seen the NE kit up close yet but am following the NE build threads here with interest.

Once a full kit of NE is done will there be a comparison?

Well EvilBoy and I are in the same garrison, but he is waaay up north while I am waaaay down south, so it is possible at some point we will be side by side.  Of course my RS is a sandy which may obscure details.

I am happy that we are going more and more towards accuracy, and away from the FX as time goes on.

I can not say one way on the other on the NE origins.  I have not seen one close up, and I do not have the level of experience Troopermaster does when it comes to these things as I have never molded/sculpted/pulled anything like that in my life.

I am sure one day an NE will be compared next to an RS, it may not be Mine and Jonathan's but someone somewhere will do it never fear.

I hope you manage to do the comparison, especially with the guy who thinks the NE is not recast from RS. It would be awesome if you could do a side by side comparison of the arms and torso, those are the main parts cast that will prove they are too close to be sculpted. Of course the helmet comparison would be nice too but the cap with throw people off. The nail in the coffin for me is the left forearm that RS sculpted is magically the same as the NE. All the main torso parts are exactly the same as an RS so taking photos of them side by side is going to be like looking at two RS kits.

I'm still looking for a comparison of the NE helmet size and something with screen lineage. Whoever is taking photos of NE stuff for comparison please make sure you take detailed photos of the helmet next to an ATA, TE2, or RS etc....

Thanks!

-Eric

Well, the first post is pretty accurate to say the least.  This has been common knowledge for anyone that's been in the Legion a long time.  Well, I joined in 2005 and was made aware of this about what - 2006?

Several people have thought about making an armor genealogy tree but so far I don't think anyone has completed it.