TK hoping to do WDW Star Wars Weekends

Scott M.

OK, I have always wanted to do this, and I think this is the year, so I thought I would start a thread and ask a couple of questions:

1) Is there anyone on the FISD interested in going to Florida for Star Wars weekends at Disney World?

2) Can some of you Florida FISD members help us non-locals on this?

Poll located Here!!

I spoke to Scott Will at C IV, and he said turnout was best the first two weekends, and there needed to be at least 25 committed to troop before WDW would allow us in. If I understand the process correctly, we march Saturday and Sunday AM, and get passes to the park.

I am thinking of flying down Friday night, and then back home late Sunday evening. I was considering looking to rent a house, and then sharing the space and rent with other FISD troopers if the interest was there. My guess is the first or second weekend of June, so either June 7th and 8th or June 14th and 15th.

I also have read a few places that WDW will be hosting the cast from the Live Action TV series this year. Here is a link to the info I found.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone want to go to Florida? If we can get 4 - 6 people, renting a house would be very affordable. Our IT Manager is there right now, so as soon as he gets back I am going to check on availability of the house he stayed at and look for rates.

Oh soooo tempting! I'm a teacher and that's end of the school year- which is a CRAZY time of year. I really want to do this troop at some point. I think this year might be out of the question for me- but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks Scott!

Scott,

This is a GREAT idea! I was tempted to go last year, but the budget got busted by C-IV and CE. It would be awesome to get a decent contingent of FISD troopers to march together! I wonder I Disney would let us march with our banner? B)

Let us know what an "animal house" might cost us for the weekend. :dance:

However, I gotta vote for the weekend of June 7-8, cuz the next weekend we have the grand opening of the Star Wars exhibit at the MN Science museum, which is the premier event for our garrison (and the whole upper Midwest) this year.

Will do. I am hoping to find a place around $120 to $140 a night. Then we just divide that cost between troopers. I will have a report on the housing space in the next week or so. The house our IT manager is staying in now is 15 minutes from the park, has 4 bedrooms (not sure how many beds/couches) and has a pool.

Glad to see some interest already. I will keep you all posted and we will see what we can do.

Seems that we'll be in the US in June. we plan to stay in Orlando at the end of June. No armor in the suitcase but maybe there will be a possibility to hang out with some 501st-ers there

OK, troopers, here we go!!!

I have done some checking, and I think this is totally doable. I have found several homes within 10 miles of WDW that we could rent for the weekend. I found a 4 bed, 3 bath home with a pool, 6 beds plus a sleeper sofa, and game room. The total cost would be $570.

This is for either the first or second weekend in June. I am in the process of registering on the Florida Garrison site to get all the details, but so far this is totally an option.

If we got 10 people to go, the total would only be $57 for a two night stay. Obviously there would be some additional costs, but at least lodging would be cheap. I plan to rent a van, so we might be able to minimize car needs as well. I am still checking costs, so this would be the MOST we would look to pay.

I am going to start a poll to see what weekend, and who is interested.

Scott, you're KILLING me! SOOOOOOOOO tempting. Stop it right now!

Seriously, though, thanks for looking into this and might have to rethink the end of the school year and just add to the craziness by jetting down to WDW for SWW ;-)

Man, I'm almost tempted to make it from Montreal ... I need to check for airplane ticket's price!!!

Do you guys see any problems coming to this thing from Canada? The only one I see is that I'd never get my custom build E11 blaster through the US customs .. I'd go straight in the terror room with the officers!!!

Man, I'm almost tempted to make it from Montreal ... I need to check for airplane ticket's price!!!

Do you guys see any problems coming to this thing from Canada? The only one I see is that I'd never get my custom build E11 blaster through the US customs .. I'd go straight in the terror room with the officers!!!

There were tons of TK's at C IV, and they came from all over the world. Don't see how this would be any different!! Pack it with your armor, and just have lots of docs that show it is part of the props.

This is a great idea! I need to check to make sure nothing is going on either of those weekends, but I am leaning towards taking you up on this. I saw the poll you have going, but I won't post there until I'm pretty sure there won't be any conflicts in my schedule. The house looks great, too. :)