A frustrated new recruit

My first attempt at buying armor was well, I'll say a costly mistake, but with a little help from this site my eyes were opened to the crappy armor this company sells. I was able to return the armor for a full refund minus shipping, which was about $105 plus another $27 for the return shipping cause I never opened the box and shipped it back out the same day I received it. So a lesson learned but luckily not the most expensive one of being stuck with crappy armor. I was given a list of sellers that are known for there quality, the first of which I tried is RS props. I've sent two emails to them with no response other than the automated email that says they received my email and they'll try to respond in 24 hrs. But sometimes it may take a little longer. so far its been a week since the first email. I was wondering if anyone else has done business with them and if so is this normal for them not to respond back?

RS props is fast becoming the best supplier of armor in the entire world!

patience is required when dealing with good sellers... because they are swamped with orders!

Have patience with the RS guys. You won't be disappointed with their service or product:)

Actually... patience is about the only requirement to get yourself into a TK. 

-Eric

Hi,

I bought an RS kit in January and highly recommend them. If its only been a week, don't sweat it. They'll contact you. As others have said they can get swamped. They do more than TK's as well as events and such. Their Facebook page is a good place to see what might be keeping them busy.

Everyone here knows how easy it is to feel anxious waiting when first getting into it. But the waiting for something doesn't seem to stop. First it's getting info from armor makers then its waiting for the armor.. heh patience is key. Even waiting 24hrs for E-6000 to dry is sometimes tough..

Currently I'm anxiously waiting for my TK-ID to be approved.. It never stops haha

My first attempt at buying armor was well, I'll say a costly mistake, but with a little help from this site my eyes were opened to the crappy armor this company sells. I was able to return the armor for a full refund minus shipping, which was about $105 plus another $27 for the return shipping cause I never opened the box and shipped it back out the same day I received it. So a lesson learned but luckily not the most expensive one of being stuck with crappy armor. I was given a list of sellers that are known for there quality, the first of which I tried is RS props. I've sent two emails to them with no response other than the automated email that says they received my email and they'll try to respond in 24 hrs. But sometimes it may take a little longer. so far its been a week since the first email. I was wondering if anyone else has done business with them and if so is this normal for them not to respond back?

Like others have said, waiting is a part of this hobby.

I got same automated response from RS and that's 5 months ago so they clearly forgot to answer me. ( Got a ATA helmet instead so no big issue or hard feelings towards RS at all )

RS guys are just human and forgetting things is part of being a human. So, I'd say wait a bit more and resend the mail if needed.

Cheers,

Osku

You could also look in to getting yourself a suit from TM. Its not derived from a screen used suit, but its the damn closest thing you get to it ;)

And he is from the UK like the RS guys, so depending on your location, the customs will be the same as an RS suit.

Ruck, being a new recruit myself, I am feeling your pain. So far, RS Props is the best lead I've gotten so far, thanks to this thread.

Sorry to hyjack this thread a bit, but where can you contact RS Props, if you mind my asking? :)

Don't worry Ruck. They will respond. I placed an order back in Feb and am still waiting for delivery. I'm not mad about the wait because I know it will be one of the best suits money can buy.

It seems like all the top makers can get swamped at times. I never heard back from TM so I went with RS.

Sorry that you are getting frustrated!  I agree with some of the other troopers that patience is important when researching, ordering, assembling, basically anything TK-related.

Hang in there, and best of luck! It will all be worth it when you go out on your first troop.

:smiley-sw013:

• 1 month later...

I've just got a whole new kit from them. Gonna have it pre-painted but not assembled! Can't wait to start my journey into this next level of fandom I also know how it feels to wait lol. There are times they reply very promptly (withing 10 minutes) and sometimes 2 days.  But overall I'd say they have an efficient service.

If they make the shadow stormtrooper armour

Yes, they will be offering Shadow stormtrooper armour shortly. Although it will be in a weathered satin finish and not high gloss.

It looks stunning. :jc_doublethumbup: