Mr. No-Stripes

armoredguard

I agree with what was said, there are cinematographic techniques of getting things done within time and budget, and we aren't bound to it so we should take all our time to reach for the ending result.

Now let's talk about the "screen used off white" color of some of our armors that are accurate to what was meant to be run through camera filters without blending with the blue/gray in the decor. We're not walking in front of such filters when we troop, do we? ;) SO WZUPWITYELLOWTROOPERS

I guess it comes down to a "Trooping armor" (like the current  CRL) and  "replicated set armor".

But this would be a never ending discussion; e.g.: the two snapsin the crotch; never seen on screen, yet you  need them for centurion.

med_gallery_12157_11_291533.jpg

:P

• Like 1

Troop as Mr. No Stripes all you want.... for legion acceptance at any level? Probably never.

Heck.... I troop in flowery swim trunks.

-Eric

I hate the word canon. I prefer screen accurate.

OK then. Mr No Stripes is screen accurate.  :lol: 

I already planned on sometime getting a "normal helmet" to compliment the No Stripes one, but for now have just liked rocking the No Stripes at troops.  B)

Thanks to Andrew Miller, it has occurred to me the only Stormtrooper who shot a major character had no tube stripes. Is this the great solution we've been missing all these years? A rebel design flaw that scrambles target acquisition...it's all coming to me now! Put out a general alert to all deployed units! It's a trap!

I am actually debating making my upcoming RS suit no stripes. Good information in the thread!

Thanks to Andrew Miller, it has occurred to me the only Stormtrooper who shot a major character had no tube stripes. Is this the great solution we've been missing all these years? A rebel design flaw that scrambles target acquisition...it's all coming to me now! Put out a general alert to all deployed units! It's a trap!

I am actually debating making my upcoming RS suit no stripes. Good information in the thread!

You should. You already have an existing ANH suit from ATA  as your 501st accepted costume, why not make your RS a Centurion level accurate No Stripes costume? I totally would, if I had an RS.  ;)  

I read some where on here that they are considering making the Ralph McQuarrie "concept stormtrooper" 501st approvable. How is a concept being considered but not an actual stormtrooper that is seen multiple times & has a speaking part not approvable?

Here Mr No Stripes is the same helmet as in Tantive IV, but most of the others are added ROTJ-style promo suits. I don't have the theatrical release on my computer to show a comparison of the same scene as it was originally made, but I'll try to remember to have a look at it later.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2013-04-25 16:48:17.png

oh, oh, oh pick me I have the comparison shot...

anhcomparisonnostripes.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

apparently I can't figure out how to put photos in my posts so if that doesn't show up...

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4938/anhcomparisonnostripes.jpg

I read some where on here that they are considering making the Ralph McQuarrie "concept stormtrooper" 501st approvable. How is a concept being considered but not an actual stormtrooper that is seen multiple times & has a speaking part not approvable?

Indeed! Strange how things work sometimes.  :lol: I still say a No Stripes would still just be ANH-Stunt in the 501st designation roster. Just happens to not have the tube stripes like Stormtroopers in multiple scenes in ANH had. 

I am trooping the Indy 500 Festival Parade in a couple weeks. It is an official LFL event to coincide with the opening of the new "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit at their local museum that weekend. I signed up as Boba Fett, but all face characters (like Boba) also had to submit a backup costume to Lucasfilm if they owned one. We submitted pics probably like 2 months ago. I have 3 other costumes besides Boba, so thought....hmm...... 

Yep. For my backup costume, I submitted shots of my TK while wearing a No Stripes helmet. Figured, why not. Let's see if they notice. :P Got word back today from the Bloodfin Garrison guy that Lucasfilm cleared both my costumes....aka Lucasfilm saw nothing wrong with the pics I sent them of the TK without tube stripes on his helmet....... ;)   :lol: 

• 2 months later...

Looking closely at all these screenshots almost has me seeing two different Mr. No Stripes. There's the classic one that we all know and love that stuns Leia and clearly appears in several other shots. It has a standard stunt look with a higher brow stance. In some of the other shots, though, Mr No Stripes looks to have a lower brow that is almost touching the eyes. It even looks vaguely heroish with what appears to be a narrower mouth than usual. In fact, in the screenshot with the side profiles of the group of stormtroopers, the glare off the lens looks kind of bubbled compared to the rest. Now we all know there can be some play in the brow and not all of these shots are really clear, but it's certainly making me think....

This image may clear up a bit of what I was trying to say. The two middle images in the top row to me look quite different from the ones in the bottom.  Did the brow slip? Does the mouth in the top just look narrower due to a lower quality screenshot?

vcec.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, after a couple years of trooping an FX armor with CAboots and of course an ATA No Stripes helmet (and ATA handplates)......

555461_510731628965720_1647280831_n.jpg

.....it was time to take it to the next level. So, in the last month I put together a full ATA body to match my helmet along with new TK boots (and TM detonator). Project spearheaded by the always awesome accuracy nut Seeker with assistance by Gazmosis....who by the way got me some of his belt rivet covers and decided he wanted to do a few upgrades to my ATA suit, so proceeded to cut and hobby iron the RS looking divot into the top of my left thigh armor, as well as cutting the squares into the lower front edge of each side of the kidney armor and ironing return edges into them. Thanks, Gaza! Between Seeker and Gazmosis, we built all the new armor components to Centurion level right off the bat. I keep throwing around making the helmet the correct Centurion level to different troopers as well, but undoubtedly when I bring it up, someone from one of the 2 Garrisons I normally troop with will always tell me "but we like you being the No Stripes guy".....so it looks like Mr. No Stripes is here to stay. Here's a pic from Sunday, the day we finished the build to wearable condition. I still need to attach the silicone hand plates I have to the rubber chemical gloves, so am using my original ATA hand plates in this pic, but figured why not post up a pic anyway.

Presenting Mr. No Stripes: The Next Generation....

1898290_688252677880280_1263156485_n.jpg

On a side note about that first picture, I'm not super tall. Those other 3 troopers in that pic with me are all like 5'7".  :P

In case anyone cares - I'm 5'11" and 159 lbs.

Besides the ATA armor with kwdesigns inner drop boxes and Troopermaster Thermal Detonator, I also have a leather holster (unknown origin) on a TKittell belt. Hyperfirm blaster with Sonnenschein D-ring on the back.

Edited by MisterFett

• 2 months later...

Here Mr No Stripes is the same helmet as in Tantive IV, but most of the others are added ROTJ-style promo suits. I don't have the theatrical release on my computer to show a comparison of the same scene as it was originally made, but I'll try to remember to have a look at it later.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2013-04-25 16:48:17.png

I never liked this scene addition, I don't like the way they are all simply just standing there, no reaction to blaster fire they must have heard further up the corridor? It just looks odd now in the film I think.