jmm7375's ANH Stunt RT-MOD Build

Hey Lee,

Big Congrat's on EIB mate, well done your hard work & attention to detail has certainly paid off.

In regards to your shoulder strap issue I thought I'd share what I did in case it's of any help.

As you can see from the picture I only have the Large Mold on the end of the strap, and one of the small molds on the chest.  To ensure a strong bond I cut some scrap ABS to fit into the back of each of these molds and glued them in.  This then allows a bigger surface area to bond between the strap and the chest plate.

I used CA glue and I can't see me ever having an issue with the join.  In fact the problem I can see is that if you're not careful when picking up the torso assembly you can actually form small cracks in the edges of the straps.  Mine has done this and I've glued from the back to repair but I think I might actually get a replacement set of straps and make a full piece panel of ABS to run underneath it.  I'm thinking I'll heat it into the correct shape and permanently glue it to the back of the strap before glueing the strap onto the chest.

I have a rack made for big troops that I can sit the torso over to air out between days, and I also use this when I get home to let it air out.

Hope that's of some help to you.

Cheers

Craig

IMG_0669.jpg

Thanks Craig.  I do appreciate the input, especially since I plan on placing my electronics in the chest plate.  This I'm sure will add some weight and stress to the shoulder straps.  I've already learned my lesson and cannot carry the entire armor by the torso.  I feel like the joint between the straps and chest are solid now (I used what I felt was an excessive amount of E6000) but time will tell, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more once I get trooping.

• 2 weeks later...

TK 81720 reporting in. *static*  Centurion status awarded. *static*

In my head it sounds so cool, so I had to run around my house with my icomm and say it over and over again until my wife and kids made me stop.  I don't think I've smiled so much for so long in a while.

Thank you all who have followed my build and given me support along the way.  I could not have achieved any of this without your help.  I'm definitely going to be focusing on trooping more now that I've reached the goal I set for myself.

I by no means consider myself to be an expert.  If you've read through my build I've made some mistakes along the way, but please don't hesitate to contact me with questions at any point in time.  I will do my best to help you as others here have helped me  :jc_doublethumbup: 

• Like 1

Couldn't resist getting these framed...worth it for the reaction I got from my wife  ;) Now to hang them in the man cave.

CAM00282_zps9209ddee.jpg

And if someone knows how to get the following into my signature, that would be awesome, it is something I haven't really tried or know how to develop, but I thought it was cool when I saw it.

vader.gif

Edited by jmm7375

Couldn't resist getting these framed...worth it for the reaction I got from my wife ;) Now to hang them in the man cave.

Posted Image

And if someone knows how to get the following into my signature, that would be awesome, it is something I haven't really tried or know how to develop, but I thought it was cool when I saw it.

Posted Image

Nice looking!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning my first troop for 10/5 so I decided that today would be a good day to install the electronics and make sure everything works.  I also got permission where I teach to wear my costume for Halloween, I cannot wait to see my students' faces when they show up to class  :jc_doublethumbup:

CAM00286_zpsfd331218.jpg

Had to show off my first patch "Fire Team Liberty" - I am a member too  :salute:

CAM00287_zpsf265ce83.jpg

Bucket setup...

CAM00288_zpsad1b030b.jpg

CAM00289_zps92229b51.jpg

Edited by jmm7375

• 8 months later...

Hey there Lee...  I know that your thread has been quiet/dormant for a little while now, but I just found it today while searching for RT-Mod EIB/Centurion threads as I've just begun my build this week.  I started exactly like you did: 

"LOOK - I built Biceps!!!!"

"OMG - What do I do with my forearms???????"

Reading through your thread this afternoon absolutely helped me out, and let me see which way I need to go with my forearms during this build.

Thanks!!  Great work on your build, and a belated congratulations for EIB and Centurion!!