What is the difference

Hey dude's

I've a question

What is the difference between this 3 Stormtroopers armour

Stormtrooper, A New Hope (Stunt) http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Stormtrooper, ANH Hero http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

Stormtrooper, Return of the Jedi http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

Thanks alot

Maxim

The Netherlands

Not a stormtrooper yet but I'm on my way ( still finding out where I can buy everything ( I'm gonna buy The armour at RSpropmasters) )

There are many details different between each of the armors, some minor visually some very different. For instance RotJ armor is very different on almost all of the suit. The best way to learn how they differ is to read the various threads on the forums. You'll begin to get it after a while.

Side note: RS propmasters only sell ANH Stunt armor because the original that is taken from was that kind.

Edited by Echo

There are many details different between each of the armors, some minor visually some very different. For instance RotJ armor is very different on almost all of the suit. The best way to learn how they differ is to read the various threads on the forums. You'll begin to get it after a while.

Side note: RS propmasters only sell ANH Stunt armor because the original that is taken from was that kind.

Stormtrooper, Return of the Jedi looks more awesome ( first looks from the pics)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. Didn't wasn't to create a new post. What are the major differences in the four different kits, and which ones are recreated most accurately by prop makers? Also, which are going to fit best (helmet included) for someone 5'10, 160 lb, 39" chest, 19" shoulders? The armor and helmet fitting well with better maneuverability and accuracy is more important to me than a particular style. Thank you!!

You're a perfect size for any armour made from the originals since the actors/stuntmen who played stormtroopers were right in the same ballpark size-wise. As the above posters have mentioned, the best you can get for ANH or ESB would be RS Propmasters or Troopermaster [TM]. The RS armour is derived from a screen-used suit and helmet from ANH. TM is "fan sculpted" armour that has been painstakingly crafted and revised over a number of years. It is arguably the most beautiful armour around. If you want a "Hero" helmet like Luke or Han wore, TM can set you up with that, too. If you want ROTJ, get Cast from Original (CFO) armour. There are a whole slew of differences between ANH and ROTJ derived armours so it is best to just delve into their respective threads and immerse yourself for a while. It is definitely overwhelming at first....

Now if money is the biggest deciding factor, there are other more "budget-conscious" options out there for ANH armour, in particular. Affordable Trooper Armor (ATA) immediately comes to mind, but be forewarned there is a lengthy wait list. There are many more armorers here so take you time to decide before ordering. Here is a quick rundown: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/.  I often like to look through the EIB and Centurion application threads to get a lowdown on how armour turns out on different people.

CFO is a specific maker within these parts, but if you were to live dangerously (and in ill-advised fashion) and search on the bay of E, you would quickly discover that there, it be a very generic term.

Welcome aboard, folks!

ANH and ESB are the same helmets as each other. The only difference is that ANH helmets are painted and have grey frowns. ESB helmets have stickers for the traps, vents and tube stripes and are painted with black frowns. You can use the same helmet for ANH stunt, ANH sandtrooper and ESB 'stunt'.

The hero helmet has a different faceplate with only 3 teeth cut out (instead of 4). It also only has 3 ear bumps instead of 4, 2 screws instead of 3, and uses bubble lenses instead of flat. As far as I know, TM is the only one that makes these. Some people modify other stunt helmets into hero by flattening tooth bumps and ordering appropriate lenses and ears/com covers. As such, yes, hero helmets will generally cost more, even if you're modifying a stunt.

I don't know much about ROTJ lids, but sometimes they show up for a good price in the For Sale section....