Belt for EIB / Cent

Hey guys, aimed at you ROTJ EIB / Cent (assuming there are some out there...). Where did you get / what is your belt material?

I have a CfO belt, it's about 1.5" too wide for the requirements and while I can of course trim it, it would also need sealing and I'm not uber confident enough to wreck my one belt :)

So, am wondering if anyone knows a vendor that sells either raw material, or something closer to the correct width

Many thanks

How wide is your belt really? The CFO belts have been good to go before. And I doubt CFO would send you a belt they know is too wide.

Sorry Im not at home, I'm sitting in the office pretending to work. But that doesn't alter the original question of where people bought their material, surely. I don't have a problem trimming it myself, I just want to have backup incase - I don't want to risk my only belt.

You're right. I'm just trying to understand the situation and keep updated on who supplies what. Including their size.

Sure, I'll measure it exactly this evening and post it here. I do know that working through the CRL shows that it's virtually the only bit that need changing for different levels, though.

I would go with the lower end measurement, since the slim belt is one of the ROTJ trademarks. But you should of course do what you think is best. :)

I looked all over the internet to find something accurate without having to trim, but I just couldn't find any.

I just trimmed down my CFO belt to the correct width. Then, very carefully, with a lighter, I burned the bottom edge to prevent any unravelling. I was careful to only scorch the side of the belt on the inside where you can't see.

I think CFO might possibly have (or at least know where to find) the correct width of belt. I mistakenly asked for the wider one when I bought mine.

I used firehose material for my INC. It looks right and is the proper size.

How apropos for an INC! And clever.

Someone who was sewing savvy could probably buy a used firehose and make a ton of ROTJ belts to sell. (I do not condone removing the firehose from your place of work)

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That would probably work, but I just got fire hose from here:

1__42252.1344610134.1280.1280.png

3DJWwtr__75410.1354329467.1280.1280.jpg

Just got it in today, and it looks great.  not as shiney as this belt, but the weave is spot on:

5419475875_a2b7a11c5c_z.jpg

And if you look at the top of the belt pictured it is rolled like you would expect a tube to be....

I got it for my SE sandtrooper, but I am going to switch out my ROTJ belt to it as well.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Looks like you might be onto something here. Have you got the fire hose in hand and does it look suitable to be used a belt?

I think it will have to be sewn on both the top and bottom edges to keep it's shape. What do you think? Can it take being sewn?

Definitely looks good and I hope it works out.

Yes its in hand.

It has a rubber interior as it is fire hose, you could totally sew it, with a decent machine, would not want to do it by hand.

It is a lightweight hose, but still with the rubber in there would suck with no machine.

I am not sure you could not just iron out the section you want as belting, it is stiff enough to hold its shape.

you might could also cut the back lengthwise and e6000 the whol ething then stick something heavy on it if you did not want a machine sew line.

Ill grab some pics later and post them up.

Edited by rhapsodyred99

ok got a few pics of the hose unmodified in any way.

This is single jacket hose, the very light duty hose. So for a belt it is plenty strong enough, and you can get a needle through it (I tried).

beltweave_zps00b32dd9.jpg

weave detail

beltinside_zps50bec8f1.jpg

Inside showing the rubber, as I push it open.  Its natural state is this:

beltloose_zps1f74a25d.jpg

so it already wants to lay mostly flat

beltwaist_zpse6f0f4e2.jpg

here it is wrapped around my waist, which I found was hard to take a picture of, but should still give an idea.

beltarmor_zps484e3756.jpg

And here I have wrapped it tightly around my CFO leg armor to give an Idea of color and what it would look like on the costume.

It is a little thick looking perhaps, and could stand to be ironed flat, or maybe sewn in some way.  Possibly have the two sides glued...or for that matter cut most of the back off and secure the rolled over edges.

I am happy with it and may just leave it the way it is, but since I had to buy 25 feet of it I have some play room so I may try some different things out.

I actually like the thickness of it for the holster/blaster.   It should hold up much better than the thin belting I have on my ROTJ now which as you can see from my EIB and Centurion threads puckers around the holster rivets and pulls down with a blaster in it.

Our machine wouldn't handle the fire hose.  We had to hand-sew it.  

hmm.

I just looked at your INC thread, and your belting looks a bit different than mine.  Where did you get it?  Is yours shiney or is it just the lighting/weathering?

Mine is the same weave, but is more of a flat color.

Also yours seems to be not as "poofy" as mine, in othere words lays flatter.  Did it just come that way or did you do something to it?  I did not see sew lines other than the velcro at the back....

Yours:

P1050060.jpg

Mine:

beltarmor_zps484e3756.jpg

Edited by rhapsodyred99