Shin's ATA Build

Shin

Alright, so I'm on the 6 month or so waiting list for ATA armor but I'm going to start documenting this process as I go starting now.

I have made some great connections through this process already, even though it is still very early in my build, most of all Solcar23 / TK-5924 / Carlos has been exceptionally helpful. He took it upon himself to send me 10 split rivets that I will need for my Centurion build along with some extra goodies; a 501st patch, a Midwest Garrison sticker and of course, trading cards with his mugshot on them! Thanks so much Carlos! It's attitudes like this that will keep me interested in moving forward at a decent clip.

Next, the boots.. A couple of weeks ago I was doing research on boots and decided to start from the boots and work my way up until the armor arrived. I was very disappointed that tkboots.com was having supplier issues and was not looking forward to the dye process. Out of desperation I emailed tkboots.com and asked if just by CHANCE he had my size sitting on a shelf somewhere, I wear a fairly small, uncommon boot size. To my complete astonishment he DID!!!!

9cBa54ul.jpg

I was so excited to get these boots... However, I did not try them on and "action pose" in the mirror, that would have been ridiculous for a grown man to do.

Next, I'm selling off some old nerdy stuff (as Carlos calls it) to fund this new project. I have some TK budget money coming in soon and will purchase my next piece. I'm considering breaking the "boots up" rule and buying the lid. Will keep everyone posted.

A great start to your build, getting everything ready before your armor definately helps once it gets there. Have a think about building to EIB and Centruion requirements as it is easier to do this from the get go. Good luck with the build :D