Migrating calves!

Hey all - I was just poncing around in my new RS this weekend and the calves kept migrating up & over the top of my chelsea boot!!

I've tabbed velcro to the boots & bottomd of the shind but I'm not sure how it'll stand up to trooping......& it's a big weekender in Birmingham coming up?

Any better ideas than my poxy velcro?

Edited by TK9477

If so have the elastic with hook at the bottom of the shins quite tight around the boots , this is what I did with my RS shins and it stopped them riding up over my boots ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No probs with the velcro method and if its easier for you to take them off and on go for it mate :)

I would use industrial velcro for the tabs on the boots and the bottoms of the shins that will keep them in place might need to still glue the velcro tab to the boots because in time it will come off with with the more times you use ; ) I have seen many examples for this another being snaps/poppers to hold them in place it really depends what suits you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I use elastic from the loop on the top of the boot and have elastic which goes up to the top of the calve, really easy to hold the elastic while opening the calves then clipping it on the snap. Doesn't move around but with the elastic it adds some give when posing.

• 1 month later...

I guess I have gone in a completely different direction...I use snaps on my outside and inside ankles (the elastic webbing of the boot to be exact) and of course snaps on the inside of the shin armor to match up with the ankle snaps.  Problem solved, I have never had issue since.  Even when going up and down stairs my shin armor stays just where they need to be...no more riding up on top of my boots.  :)  Hope this helps.

Cheers!

~Kevin

Edited by TK172

I installed stirrups in my calves. I basically hot glued a piece of black elastic two thirds down my calves, enough to accommodate the height of my boots. Sort of like this baseball sock

--------

My calve armor never rides up the tops of boots now.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 4/19/2013 at 12:45 PM, DarkTrooper said:

I installed stirrups in my calves. I basically hot glued a piece of black elastic two thirds down my calves, enough to accommodate the height of my boots. Sort of like this baseball sock

----------

My calve armor never rides up the tops of boots now.

I imagine that you put your boots on after the shins go on?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I had this problem recently with one of my calves, but I realized it was because my calve near the ankle was trimmed a bit too tight so when I moved my ankle bone was forcing it to shift. I am going to add a shim the width of my velcro strip to give myself a bit more wiggle room. I am hoping that will help.