Hearing with bucket

Hello everybody,

I was wondering what people use to improve hearing wearing a bucket. I as soon as I start my fans, I can barely hear anything.

Thanks,

Eric

Your fans may have a high decible level. What are you running? Evilboys? Those should be good and quiet. If you're running a 12V blower fan with 12 Volts, it's going to loud. I would switch to either 9 volts or 6 Volts to quiet them down.

I'll be offering 5V 35x35x10mm fan kits shortly if you would want to swap them out.

What type of fans and batteries are you using? I had a similar problem with that but installed a push button switch down by my chin that i can bump at will. Im using lithium ion rechargeable with two squirrel fans. Keeps you nice and cool. I guess you can put an amp or hearing aids in with the mics under the brow so you cant see it.

I am using Evilboys kit. The fans itself are not loud, but the wind is a pain.

I was looking a Mynocks thread for his helmet. I don't know what kind of amp he used. And I don't know if troopers here uses something different.

Edited by Tolo

Is it blowing onto the mic? I would move one of those fans, the one on the right in the picture, back a little so it is not pointed directly at the mic... Have it blowing across your cheek on to the lens, to prevent fogging. Try other arrangements as well. I had to move mine a few times before I found the spot that worked best for me...

It looks like it on the picture, but, it's not blowing in the mic at all. I can try to move it toward the top to see what it will do.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Tolo

I've found that just one of those squirrel cage fans is more than enough to keep the lenses from fogging. Also using a 9 volt set up.

You could consider to add something like on the picture below ( made by Mynock ). That will take care of any hearing problems.

After he build this in, he wanted to test it and went for a drive in his car with his bucket on! :smiley-sw013:

I think he's asking something in the region of $ 150. I left a message asking him to build me a set, waiting for a reply.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 months later...

Did someone ever tried this kid toy? I found it on e-bay for 15$ with shipping. I don't know if it could actually help.

Eric

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 4 months later...

I don't think Mynock is doing those any more I've emailed him several times and so have others. He does however tell you all the components he uses and where to get them. Now he has posted a step by step photo diagram of how to put it together. Its very delailed a very good diagram even I can follow it. I am however altering it a bit. I have the components and just waiting on my armor. I'll post my progress and results when I'm done. I'm also going to put a wireless mic in my bucket and fans. I don't want any wires to mess with.

I have someone in my Garrison who is working on a system, he did a trial run today at a parade, have not heard the results. I plan to work with him on one for my TK and Tusken. If he decides to make a run, I will be sure it posts over here